Joe called me from eastern Afghanistan today, four of his troops from 10th mountian Div. were killed in a Humve that was blown to peices by an IED which was planted in the middle of a dirt road :angry: He said that nobody knows why they were in the Humve in the first place, as they've all been ordered to be parked. Unlike Iraq, there are very few paved roads in Afghanistan and therefor the IEDs are more deadly because they plant them in the road vs on the side of the road. Please pray for their families.

God save our brave troups!

Joe is your son?

I hate to hear it, I hope that we can get everything over there (Afghanistan) straightened out to a suitable degree, before these pussies that are in control start calling for us to pull out of there, too.

Joe is your son?

I hate to hear it, I hope that we can get everything over there (Afghanistan) straightened out to a suitable degree, before these pussies that are in control start calling for us to pull out of there, too.

Yes sir, I am so proud to call SFC Martin "MY SON".

I'm pretty sure we won't really "WIN" anything there, it's a killing field, I believe we're going to be there for a long time, and the more of them that we can kill "there", the better.

This fucked up new way to fight a war.... Blow the fuck out of them and show them we mean business.... We never worried about collateral damage in WWII .....

Many thanks to your son and I pray for all to return well.... Unfortunately we will lose more because the enemy does not worry about collateral damage....

This fucked up new way to fight a war.... Blow the fuck out of them and show them we mean business.... We never worried about collateral damage in WWII .....

Many thanks to your son and I pray for all to return well.... Unfortunately we will lose more because the enemy does not worry about collateral damage....

Yeah, but this is a different type of conflict. The goal here is to create fewer terrorists than we destroy. Ultimately, the only way for these soldiers deaths not to be in vain is through victory. You can't have victory if religious extremists gain a foothold there again. AND the more civilians that get killed, the more likely the extremists will return to power with the support of the masses. Sad fact, but this conflict requires as much diplomacy and humanitarianism as it does brute force and coercion.

My cousin is out in Iraq as I type this, and I am hoping for his quick return as well. I think the fastest way to accomplish this is through building a functional and civil society that is capable of policing those elements that want to perpetuate violence.

Anyway my 2 cents.

Yeah, but this is a different type of conflict. The goal here is to create fewer terrorists than we destroy. Ultimately, the only way for these soldiers deaths not to be in vain is through victory. You can't have victory if religious extremists gain a foothold there again. AND the more civilians that get killed, the more likely the extremists will return to power with the support of the masses. Sad fact, but this conflict requires as much diplomacy and humanitarianism as it does brute force and coercion.

My cousin is out in Iraq as I type this, and I am hoping for his quick return as well. I think the fastest way to accomplish this is through building a functional and civil society that is capable of policing those elements that want to perpetuate violence.

Anyway my 2 cents.

True. Also, and I will stress that I am NOT trying to belittle the deaths of our troops in this particular war, we must keep in mind that the casualties in this war have been relatively small. As a matter of fact, not very many people die from war violence these days at all; less than 500 a day worldwide. (Statistically averaged) About 2300 a day take their own life, and about 19,000 die from cancer daily.

Just some perspective.