Saiga 12 accuracy

With my s 12 with 20 inch barrel at 100 yards I am hitting pop cans & at 200 yards I am drilling 5 gallon buckets with just 2 3/4 slugs. This blew me away I had no idea this would be this accurate. It is now officially my new favorite gun. I have gotten a multitude of good information on this forum & wanted to say thanks to all that post such good help & years of knowledge. Finally a post that isn't about FTF or FTE !!!!!!! Thanks again guys. :super:

Not suprising actually. Mine does pretty much the same.

However to hit what I was actually aiming at I had to ditch the factory sights and install a V notch rear and AK style front sight.

With my s 12 with 20 inch barrel at 100 yards I am hitting pop cans & at 200 yards I am drilling 5 gallon buckets with just 2 3/4 slugs. This blew me away I had no idea this would be this accurate. It is now officially my new favorite gun. I have gotten a multitude of good information on this forum & wanted to say thanks to all that post such good help & years of knowledge. Finally a post that isn't about FTF or FTE !!!!!!! Thanks again guys. :super:
Thats good shooting.

Which sights are you using, OEM or aftermarket, e.g. Krebs?

Pretty good shooting, Joe.

Welcome to the forum by the way. :beer:

I'm not as accurate as you are with slugs, but I was pretty happy with my Saiga's performance, once I swapped out the factory sights for something a bit more precise. It's like the Krebs, but made by a different company.

targetcaptions.jpg

I was sighting in with the slugs, that's why the upper right group was hitting to the left.

For the record.....sabot slugs SUCK in my smooth bore Saiga. No surprise there.

Corbin

Edited by Corbin
Thats good shooting.

Which sights are you using, OEM or aftermarket, e.g. Krebs?

stock sights & aiming about 2 inches high, but dead on left to right!!! could some one show me a pic of some after market sights?? Thanks

Honestly, I'm not 100% positive, but I THINK it was 00 buck. I had been trying out several different loads and this was towards the end of the day.

What buck load were you shooting Corbin?

Here is my 100 yd. target. I have been completely surprised by the accuracy of the gun. I don't consider myself to be a great shot. I'm good but I didn't think I could do so well with slugs in my S12. I shot this target from the standing position. Great gun!

post-16191-1248825928_thumb.jpg