Sterling Semi-Auto Rifle 9mm Carbine

• 5 weeks later...

I bought one and I like it.I've put about 500 rounds thru it with out a hiccup.The sites kind of suck but are adequate for the guns original intention.Mags are a little hard to find and expensive but it will also use sten mags.I paid 569 plus shipping from J&g sales plus another 40 for a spare mag.They now have lowered the price to 529.Then I discovered it at classic arms inc for 479 with two mags.Oh well I paid to much!Overal it is fun to shoot and appears well made.

I bought one and I like it.I've put about 500 rounds thru it with out a hiccup.The sites kind of suck but are adequate for the guns original intention.Mags are a little hard to find and expensive but it will also use sten mags.I paid 569 plus shipping from J&g sales plus another 40 for a spare mag.They now have lowered the price to 529.Then I discovered it at classic arms inc for 479 with two mags.Oh well I paid to much!Overal it is fun to shoot and appears well made.

what ammo are you using? Mines doesn't like Winchester 124gr NATO, but it runs perfect on the old Norinco 124gr I have.

The Winchester ammo seems weak and it doesn't always reset the firing pin.

Edited by Banshee
I can't say i am familiar with what is involved with shortening the the barrel legally or physically.What do you think this would cost todo?

First and foremost, you must ensure that SBS/SBR's are lawful in your state of residence. After that, and assuming SBS/SBR are lawful in your state, you must:

- Complete and sign 2 copies of ATF Form 5320.1 (Form 1 - Application to Make and Register a Firearm)

- Attach 1 passport-style photos to each Form 1 (2 photos total)

- Obtain the original signature (certification) of the Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) in your area on each Form 1. The CLEO may be the Chief of Police of your town, the Sheriff of your county or a District Attorney, among others. Depending on where you live and who you know this may be easy to obtain, or it may be virtually impossible.

- Complete and sign 1 copy of ATF Form 5330.20 "Certificate of Compliance"

- Include 2 sets of your fingerprints on ATF FD-258 fingerprint cards.

- Send all forms (with attached photos) and fingerprint cards, along with a $200 check (or money order) for payment of the Making Tax, to the address on the form. I recommend Registered Mail for this.

- Wait

- Wait

- Wait some more (Actually it's not forever ... it just feels that way when it's your first time)

- In approximately 30-180 days or more,The ATF will return 1 original approved Form to you.

After ATF returns the approved form you may lawfully assemble or "make" your SBS/SBR. Please note that you cannot lawfully make the SBS/SBR until after ATF has approved your application, neither should you possess the parts to complete the SBS/SBR until you have received the approved form. AS soon as you get the form back, make several GOOD copies of it, and put the original one up in a safe place like a fire safe, lock box or even better, a safe deposit box. The ATF WILL NOT replace it if you lose it, they will send you a crappy photo copy. REMEMBER, This form keeps your butt out of jail.

Once you get the forms back you will need a short barrel. The easiest thing to do is just cut it off yourself or take your barrel AND a COPY of your approved ATF form to your gunsmith of choice. He should be able to cut it down, touch up the finish.

You will also need to mark the frame, receiver, or barrel with the following info by engraving or stamping. (This information

must be to a minimum depth of .003 inch. and plainly visible, not hidden under the fore-end)

- your name

- City, state

• 3 weeks later...

Someone correct me if I am wrong... but arent these the basis for the Star Wars blaster rifles?!?!?!

I may have just added another rifle to the "wish list" ... LOL

000.gif

yep, the Sterling was one of the firearms used in StarWars