Easy Way to Press On the Front Sight Block

A 1/4" threaded rod with some heat shrink, a few washers, aluminum spacers (cable stops) and 2 nuts can be turned into a is a very simple and inexpensive way to press on your Front Sight Block

I sanded the finish from my barrel so the loctite would have something to bond to, then I set it in place and used a string to get the basic alignment

Once it looked good I tapped it with a rubber mallet to "set" it in place and then I rechecked the alignment.

After I was happy with the position I inserted the rod and set the aluminum spacer in place and used a nut to secure it.

Then I used washers, a nut and an 18 volt impact wrench to draw it together.

It worked very well.

FSBPress.jpg

FSBAlignment.jpg

• Like 1

I thought about this and realized that if you drill the dimples you can't reuse it so why bother doing it the hard way

BUT

If I did want to pull it I would just borrow a Pulley Puller from a place like Autozone or Advanced Auto and use it in conjunction with a brass bolt (to protect the barrel to remove pull it off.

Looks good.

How about a setup for pulling a FSB 'off' without cutting it up? Do you have one of those?

• Like 1

Looks excellent! Very positive way to press it on. I thought about that idea with a gear puller as well. Just protect the crown of the barrel.

Thanks for posting. Things like this need combined into one thread and a sticky of innovative ideas in "Doing things".