So after going to my local skeet/trap range with my pump and saiga had some of my normal complainers and it seems that it used to be ok for me to go shoot like uh every week there with either gun but it seems they place has changed hands and now they are enforcing the 2 shell max rule it used to be no one realy cared but ehh o well they said I could shoot the saiga as long as i use 2 round mags and no pg. So i think im gona just go ahead and get me a good skeet/trap gun ive always wanted to get a nice over and under 12ga but never realy looked into getting one was wondering if any of you ahve any experince with them used in trap or skeet looking for a decent gun at a decent price funds kinda limited :/ Sell plasma as it is for ammo hehe well any thoughts or ideas im listing

I forget the model... but STEVENS has contracted out and is getting sme O/U's manufactured in Turkey... From all the reviews on these guns, they are FABULOUS for the money!! I have handled them at the local bass pro and they are very nicely built, the checkering is perfect, the fit and finish is excellent!! Check them out, you will get a chubby!! :wub:

And for close to the same price as a Stoeger you get a better quality shotgun... With that said, there is nothing WRONG with Stoeger either... but I would buy the Stevens turkish model before I got the Stoeger... :up:

:smoke:

I got a Fausti Stephano. Nice Italian made O/U.

They made a special run for Cabelas. Cost was in the $1,000 range.

Came with a full set of chokes (internal) and nice box.

It is an excellent gun for the sporting clays corse at my range.

post-15138-1250256089.jpg

I forget the model... but STEVENS has contracted out and is getting sme O/U's manufactured in Turkey... From all the reviews on these guns, they are FABULOUS for the money!! I have handled them at the local bass pro and they are very nicely built, the checkering is perfect, the fit and finish is excellent!! Check them out, you will get a chubby!! :wub:

And for close to the same price as a Stoeger you get a better quality shotgun... With that said, there is nothing WRONG with Stoeger either... but I would buy the Stevens turkish model before I got the Stoeger... :up:

:smoke:

Ill have to see if the bass pro of cabelas in town has one to look at ill try to wear loose clothing just incase lol I have seen a stoeger does not look to shabby just trying to stay under the 1K range cause I like my sofa bed but not as a main sleeping area hehe so if I wana stay in my own bed I should keep under that range :)

Try CDNN they usually have good prices on O/U. ( I went and checked thy have what looks to be a good selection in the sub 1K area, and Brownings sub 1300-2K. The 525 is a real nice gun if you can swing it.)

Having done a cheap / Turkish O/U (Mossberg SR) I would not waste my time with a cheap O/U again. Seems they always need work.

DeHann (if they are still around) and Lanber would be the bottom of that market. They seem to tune the Turkish stuff up and make it a little better.

Spend a little more and get yourself a used B-gun or Ruger RL. You will be far happier holding out for a B-gun. They also hold there value better and will last a life time.

My SR lasted 400 shots between FTFs and was gone in less than 6 months for less than 1/2 of what I paid and I was happy to see it go.

If you want cheap then go the Stoeger route. Best O/U for the $. The ones around the range all seem to run well with no problems. The 5-700$ guns have little to offer over the Stoeger except for a little scroll work that looks like it was done by a grade school kit and an engraving pencil.

Edited by jaymce

Yeah I would love. A ruger rl I found one for 650 ss with walnut wood I should have gotten it but damn house note lol I'm going to try and catch the gun show this weekend see if I can find something thanks for the heads up on thouse to look out for

So after going to my local skeet/trap range with my pump and

they are enforcing the 2 shell max rule

What about plugging your pump shotgun? Cut a piece of dowel rod and stick it inside the mag spring, behind the follower. This is standard practice for hunting where 2+1 is the maximum allowed. If you plugged your gun so it only holds 1+1, that ought to satisfy your range's 2 shot rule.

I bust clays with an 870 once in a while. If the fudds with their two thousand dollar Italian shotguns don't like it, THEN I pull out the Saiga and really rub it in! :lol:

Yes this is true but I always wanted a nice o/u to go bust clays and my future wife was there with me when I was getting lectured to like I was 5 and she asked well what the hell is he suposta shoot with then and the guy showed her a nice browning o/u and later on she said well I got a bounus check at work Ill pay for part of it hehe so I am just gona get a o/u and I did tell her about pluging the mag tube she said no that's stuiped just get one of them so they don't hassle you about it cause that man made me mad lol I'm not gona argue with that :)

Hello

CDNN has a closeout sale on CZ shotties until Monday the 17th. They have some nice "Canvasback" models for $500 and the top of the line "Woodcock Deluxe" for $789. I've heard (read) the Woodcock described as "the equivalent of the Citori but a half-pound lighter".

That's a pretty good endorsement. The Woodcock retails for $1246

800-588-9500 to order/discuss

guido

So after going to my local skeet/trap range with my pump and saiga had some of my normal complainers and it seems that it used to be ok for me to go shoot like uh every week there with either gun but it seems they place has changed hands and now they are enforcing the 2 shell max rule it used to be no one realy cared but ehh o well they said I could shoot the saiga as long as i use 2 round mags and no pg. So i think im gona just go ahead and get me a good skeet/trap gun ive always wanted to get a nice over and under 12ga but never realy looked into getting one was wondering if any of you ahve any experince with them used in trap or skeet looking for a decent gun at a decent price funds kinda limited :/ Sell plasma as it is for ammo hehe well any thoughts or ideas im listing

Trap and skeet are two different animals, and the guns vary for the purists in each arena. However, I have been shooting a Remington SPR-310S (Baikal import) sporting clays model for the past several years. That one runs about $600, but they do have less expensive field models with shorter barrel lengths/no porting for around $400. Not the prettiest gun at the range and it doesn't have all the extras of a 1K+ shotgun, but it's a solid gun for the money.

http://www.remington.com/products/firearms...under_specs.asp

Of the other guys on my team I shoot with and the others I shoot against, my Baikal holds the title of the least expensive shotgun by a fair margin. Still, I hit and miss clays right along with everyone else using high end Berettas, Brownings, Perazzis, Kolars, etc. The Baikal doesn't have the fancy wood, engravings, or the comb & pull adjustments; but it does the job and is a solid performer at a fraction of the cost. In the end, my experience is that proper form and practice make the biggest difference. All of that said, when you get to the pro level the gun does help; but most of those guys are either independently wealthy or sponsored...and the guns are specialized for the event they shoot in that you won't find a top-end trap gun in the skeet events, or vice-versa.

My advice is to start on the cheap. Go out, have fun, learn a bit, and if the bug bites you in a particular event just keep your eyes peeled and your ears open. Deals come up all the time at the ranges. Whether you swap, sell, beg, or borrow; in time you'll get to see and use enough guns to make an informed decision on any significant purchases.

Finally, I am no fan of Stoeger O/U guns. I have personally seen numerous examples of where the single inertia trigger does not properly reset for the second barrel to fire. The company's official answer is to "burp" the gun, or in laymen's terms to slam the butt on the ground, use a firm palm on the butt, etc to set the trigger. All of my experience tells me that is an unsafe workaround to use on a chambered firearm, but that's their answer instead of retrofitting the existing guns and redesigning the next gen coming off the assembly line.

Im glad there are people out there that have used some of the guns I have been looking at and today at the store after looking at the stoeger the sales associate said the same thing about having to burb the gun I was a bit suprised that some one acctualy knew a little something about the guns that they where showing me usualy I get some guy about my age that has no idea what is going on out side of twitter outher than what is going on with the guns that are behind the counter. And you are right trap and skeet are two differnt animals I was just looking for an all around decent gun I can use in both areas Ive been shooting trap and skeet for a good while I have a small area set up on 15 ac. of land I shoot about 150-300 clays in a week trap and skeet at my house but I do like to go to the local range and shoot with friends they usta just let me bring what ever I could hit the clay with now they have changed hands and they want to be within the rules and guidelines of the sport I have no problem with that I just would like to have a nice o/u to go do that with and where I go shoot at there is not that many people with nice guns I could count on both hands the people that have a gun over 1500 that go to this place :/ but I do kinda llike the look of that remington its not bad Ive had worse I will look into thouse and see what I like I emailed a guy earlyer today that had a ruger redlable Stainless in the paper for 700 I wich is not to bad of a deal stoped at cabellas today and they where about 1400 for blued but If I dont get any word from him Ill have to find a shop local to check out that remington and I know cabellas has the cz,s instock and having a big shotgun sale coming up also hopefully I will make up my mind on one all this looking at guns is not a good thing like going into a grociery store hungry LOL not realy a good thing hehe but o well thank yall for helping me make up my mind and what to look out for atleast hehe cuase I have gotten a few bad eggs in guns before and usualy leaves a bad taste in my mouth but I have a decent list of guns in my range now just wana go feel them up like a cheap stripper on dollar night :} gota cop a feel before i decied to buy thanks for the info