Russian Scopes and Left Handed Shooters?

Greetings. I am looking to install an scope on my AK74. I would like to keep a side mount, as it seems the most convenient method to me for attaching a scope to the rifle, plus I would like to keep the Com-block character of the rifle and not clutter it up with a bunch of aftermarket tacti-cool stuff.

The problem is I shoot lefty, and most of the Com Block scopes I am looking at (POSP, PSO, etc.) all seem to have the traditional offset mount. With the scope offset to the left side of the rifle, it looks as if this would be a very awkward for a left handed shooter to get used to. I don't have any prior experience with a scope mounted to an AK, and wonder if there is a better option.

Are any of the weaver stye side mounts worthwhile? I've seen a few POSP's that fit the weaver type mount. Would this in a high side mount be the best option for a lefty in Com-block optics?

I'm alefty also. I got two side mounts that center over the receiver and a PSO scope off set. I really have no problems with the off set.

Are you able to get a comfortable sight picture with the offset mount?