sorry but i dont agree with you on this , dr and nurses recorded abuse , my wife is a nurse they dont lie for the fun off it . thier house was left unlocked because they did not lock it , or because who ever went and got thier tv did not lock it , not the state . yard unkeep oh yea thats the states job to keep thier yard . husband could not take care of himself much less wife after he was in hospital what did you want to happen ?

All I can say is I am not surprised at all as I actually work in this area. Just a couple comments and these apply to Washington. Nursing home care here runs $3,000 to $10,000 per month depending on the level of care so you can see how quickly instutional care can eat through people's money if they don't take steps to protect it. When APS is involved they are working off a social worker's interpretation of some situation (right or wrong)that was reported to them (sometimes anonymously) The attorney general persues the case for the state in court where such court may appoint a guardian over the person's finances and person. There go your rights...your right to marry, to vote, to move or choose where you want to live...guns gone and a bunch more. What is similar is some people believe a guardian should be appointed over a loved one (for reason's that may be right or wrong). As the population ages you are going to see more and more of this.

edit: and doctors and nurses are manditory reporters...they are required to report certain things.

Edited by TO THE FLOOR IN A 63
sorry but i dont agree with you on this , dr and nurses recorded abuse , my wife is a nurse they dont lie for the fun off it . thier house was left unlocked because they did not lock it , or because who ever went and got thier tv did not lock it , not the state . yard unkeep oh yea thats the states job to keep thier yard . husband could not take care of himself much less wife after he was in hospital what did you want to happen ?

I think your name is pretty much spot on. Your opinion is about as worthwhile as your spelling.

Those people are no more incapable of taking care of themselves than about 20 percent of the population of the United States. I don't get it. They don't need a guardian. At most they need someone to stop by and check on them once in a while. I'm sure their neighbors would be glad to do it. This is rediculous.

If they had been at home and not imprisoned by the state they could have mowed the lawn them selves.

RalphXL

If they had been at home and not imprisoned by the state they could have mowed the lawn them selves.

RalphXL

he was recovering from a broke hip , he could not mow any thing , his wife had dementia and could not take care of him or lift him . his wife forgot to eat for three days and here best friend said she needed help . aps has review board for every case and every nursing facility has a social worker and as soon as they are able to take care of themselfs they can leave the nursing home .

I think your name is pretty much spot on. Your opinion is about as worthwhile as your spelling.

and youve contributed what to this thread besides talking shit to me ?

Edited by bigdick
Those people are no more incapable of taking care of themselves than about 20 percent of the population of the United States. I don't get it. They don't need a guardian. At most they need someone to stop by and check on them once in a while. I'm sure their neighbors would be glad to do it. This is rediculous.

Judge Weldon Copeland ruled against the state. He said he would welcome a neighbor or family member to serve as a guardian but no one has come forward. The state is the last resort.

yes they all came running to help

It sucks to get old. I don't have any kids, and not real close with the relatives (see them on their birthdays). This is a real problem everywhere. There are a couple of guys in town that whenever anyone gets admitted into long term care or a nursing home will check out the tax situation, and pay the taxes if late and own the property. They have done quite well. I personally hate anyone that profits off others misfortune or misery. There should be a special place in HELL for them. There are also fuckers that profit from being on the city council and will buy or sell properties when the city has a use/disuse for them and make obscene profits. It is always the same asshats. It happens all the time, unfortunately.

BigDick has a point, there are more to these tales then you will ever know just by reading a media account. These folks could be as stable as you or me, well me anyway, or they could be suffering from dementia and be incompetent to take care of themselves. But none of us will ever know the whole truth by watching a liberal media report! They are in the business of selling "entertainment" and in the practice of trying to change society into their own vision of liberal perfection.

Journalistic Integrity is a thing for the history books, let's keep that in mind.

These are the consequences of the broken down familial structure that our modern world has come to embrace.

It ensures that inharatiances go to the state. It's a very complex dilemma. A sad, complex, dilemma.

I worked in Geriopsychiatric for a while & saw this often. I moved to adult behavioral health because the outcomes are usually more appealing.