Rear sight Windage adjustment

So... I did a bit of searching and I can't seem to find it,

I need to adjust the windage on the rear ironsight of my S12 and cannot figure out how.

I tried lightly tapping it perhaps I need to hit it less like a Californian and more like one of those 10-year old Nigerian kids?

Well, on most S-12's, you can move the rear sight by using a punch. I'd not heard of anyone needing to adjust windage on stock S-12 sights before, but of course every S-12 is a little different and perhaps yours needs it. *shrug*

Yeah, it has to be way off to be noticeable at shotgun engagement distances... :/ something else might be going on.

Camon, let me know when you are going to the range next, we can take a look at it and figure out what is up.

Were you shooting buck or slugs?

Well, on most S-12's, you can move the rear sight by using a punch. I'd not heard of anyone needing to adjust windage on stock S-12 sights before, but of course every S-12 is a little different and perhaps yours needs it. *shrug*

Yeah, it has to be way off to be noticeable at shotgun engagement distances... :/ something else might be going on.

Camon, let me know when you are going to the range next, we can take a look at it and figure out what is up.

Were you shooting buck or slugs?

Both 00Buck and Slugs had a tendancy to hit right. Granted it could just be my noob-ness, but all 50 rounds we put in Sunday hit to the right of where I was aiming. I am up to go whenever and wherever you want.

Ian wants to check out Usery Pass claiming that SGC is too easy for his AR lol.

Wow Camon, this thing does look adjustable. If it's anything like the rest of the weapon, you need to give it a good smack to get it to move. Maybe a piece of scrap leather under a brass punch? I've never had to adjust mine.

Try benching it and see where it shoots. Might give you an idea if it's you or the weapon.

Wow Camon, this thing does look adjustable. If it's anything like the rest of the weapon, you need to give it a good smack to get it to move. Maybe a piece of scrap leather under a brass punch? I've never had to adjust mine.

Try benching it and see where it shoots. Might give you an idea if it's you or the weapon.

Good advice. Camon, your aim may just suck. :haha:

Anyway, the only time I "adjusted" my rear sight was to adjust its ass off the weapon; just whacked it with a brass punch till it fell out of its slot. I then installed Krebs combat sights, (bolt-on fsb, aperture rear sight that replaces the stock rear sight).

If you're gonna be knocking that rear sight around, perhaps you should just buy some Krebs sights and install those while you're at it. They are a vast improvement. I love the increased sight radius and much improved, more natural sight picture.

Ha! He did say it could be due to his noob-ness!

When I first started shooting shotguns I shot low. It wasn't until the very first time that I had a dud round that I realized I was pushing the thing as I was pulling the trigger. If the internet had been invented back then, I might have been able to realize my problem and had it fixed in a matter of days. :)

Well... seeing how I have only been shooting for 1 month now I'm inclined to believe you.

However once I realized that my shots were hanging right I was able to put a slug right between the eyes of a paper target at 25 yards, so who knows. Next time I go I'll bench it and see what happens.

When I first started shooting shotguns I shot low. It wasn't until the very first time that I had a dud round that I realized I was pushing the thing as I was pulling the trigger. If the internet had been invented back then, I might have been able to realize my problem and had it fixed in a matter of days. :)

It was suggested to me by someone to have someone load my mags without me looking and have them sneak a dummy round somewhere in the mix. That way I can see if I am trying to anticipate recoil and other things.

Way to anticipate, (and overcompensate for), the recoil, newb! :D

Are you currently deployed? Regardless, thank you for your service, and my prayers are with you and your family.

Edited by post-apocalyptic
Way to anticipate, (and overcompensate for), the recoil, newb! :D

Are you currently deployed? Regardless, thank you for your service, and my prayers are with you and your family.

I was 16 at the time and maybe weighed 110 soaking wet! Also it wasn't even my shotgun. My best friend at the time used to go trap shooting with his dad almost every weekend during the fall. Yeah, I sucked pretty bad until we figured out what I was doing wrong!

And thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I've been out for a few years now but recently had a bit of a reunion this past Monday at Arlington. One of my former lance corporals (now Sergeant) was killed in a firefight in Afghanistan a few weeks ago. We buried him on Monday and it was an impressive ceremony. It was good to get caught up with some of my former troops but it was a less than ideal occasion for it.

I changed my rear sight to the taller one when I put the AK sight on the front of the barrel.

They are a son of a bitch to get off. Get a punch and do not be afraid to smack the shit out of the rear sight to move it. Gentle taps will not move it a bit.

Just be careful to not let the punch slip when you hit it and gouge the shit out of the top of your shotty.