As I've said before, my grandson has coloboma. But his eyes dart around alot. He went to a Neurologist who sent him in for an MRI. They've given no clue as to what they think may cause the eye movement. I just want to know the best and worst case scenarios for this. If anyone prefers, PM me. I can handle about anything except not knowing. I need to know what the possibilities are. I appreciate any help.

Sandi

As I've said before, my grandson has coloboma. But his eyes dart around alot. He went to a Neurologist who sent him in for an MRI. They've given no clue as to what they think may cause the eye movement. I just want to know the best and worst case scenarios for this. If anyone prefers, PM me. I can handle about anything except not knowing. I need to know what the possibilities are. I appreciate any help.

Sandi

Sorry to here this. I'll lift him up in prayer that GOD will send a doctor and give him wisdom beyond his understanding to help him diagnose the problem with his eyes. Keep us posted.

that sounds a little like something someone I knew growing up had/has....they had "twitchy" eyes when we were younger, and tword high school years, it became a "jitter" in thier eyes......i dont know if its related, but i can ask what they had/have and maybe that can give your doctor a road to look down?

Is the child on any medication? Nystagmusis a natural byproduct of some medications.

I will be sure to pray for your grand baby's health.

No he isn't on any medication. But thanks for the prayers. They're most welcome.

And thanks for the PM's. You guys have given me a lot of info to go over though I think I'll wait till I'm not taking Vicodin to read it all. :rolleyes:

If you are able, see a different Dr.

A doctor only knows what he has researched or seen.

Doctors sometimes reach a dead end & give up. Especially if insurance has any say in it.

Trust your Doctor to an extent, but realize they too are human & subject to all the shortcomings of humanity.

I would never personally try to guess.

I work with children at times, but in the behavioral health sciences field. (tyke-psych).

Good luck & God Bless,

He's in my prayers.

For what it's worth, a while back one of my co-workers,.. I noticed his eyes going all over the place, I asked him,..he said he had it from a childhood ailment,.. something about how your brain refreshes the image by moving your eyes ever so slightly,.. and everyon'es eyes do it, but his did more than normal, though he could see and function just fine, he was 45

Well, I just found out they found some cysts on Max's brain. I know nothing other than that. I have no idea in the world what that means but he has an appointment on Wednesday so we hopefully will know more then. <praying like crazy>

Wanted to thank you guys again. I knew this forum was the right place to go. With everything you've given me, I feel pretty confident that this is going to work out OK. I know and am prepared if not, but I see no reason, at this point in time, to think it will be anything but. This forum is AWESOME!!!!!!

Guess this is a bump. Max's appointment is tomorrow afternoon so if any of you wanted to start praying, now would be a good time. The more I've thought about it, the more I think we won't really see anything with any clarity tomorrow but more likely have some ideas about what's going on. I appreciate all thoughts and prayers.

Sandi

Just remember. They must tell you the worst case scenario as well as the best case scenario.

Don't focus only on the worst possible. Dr.s have to give you the full picture, it does not necessarily mean that the worst case will apply to him.

Kids have an undieing optimistic spirit, bad news affects them much less than their parents reactions to bad news. You & your children provide him with his perception of reality. And nobody has an expiration date on their foot.

Realize this is part of the tests of your lives. The Lord will help you through it, whatever the outcome.

He is in all of our prayers.

Paul