Time Lapse Footage of Wild Fire From Guy's Back Yard!!&#33

No joke! I used to live at the foothills of these mountians when I was a kid (before it was kalif). Fires would come and I swear you would think it was the end of the world. The fire dept. would come around every 1/2hr and tell you you might have to leave and that your house was going to burn down.

Meh... Spent my first 18 years in Kommiefornia. If god exists he is trying to destroy that land. Earthquakes one day, fires the next.

People who aren't from there always go "OMG SO SCARY!!!" while the people in CA always go "welfare help me rebuild."

What I don't understand is people who's house burns to the ground and they lose everything, only to rebuild and lose everything again next year.

I grew up in Hemet, CA which is on the other side of the mountain Palm Springs rests on and every summer the Palm Springs side of the mountain would catch fire and Firefighters would just let it burn until it came over to my side of the mountain. Why? Because the Santa Ana winds were so goddamn crazy on the PS side that it was just a waste of time and money to try to stop it. They would do what they could to keep it from burning down into PS and make sure it went upward because as soon as it got into my valley the winds would be blocked for the most part and the fire would be neutralized in a matter of days after that.

Now I live in Phoenix where its just hot.

TL;DR: FU commiefornia! BURN BURN BURN!!!!!

Craziest part of the video is to watch it from sundown till its really dark, the lights on the other side of the valley must be other houses, as the night goes on watch em, they slowly all disappear....I dont know if the power is going out or if it's the houses burning down...

The progress of the fire evident from that video is impressive, but honestly, these wildfires are nothing new. I think that if you live in certain areas of So Cal and don't expect your house to possibly burn to the ground in any given year, you're just delusional.

I'd rather take my chances with hurricanes; not that I risk either atm, here in CO. :haha:

Edited by post-apocalyptic