Question on bolt hold open mod......

I would like to eventually put this in my weapon, but I am confused as to why I can't use a pistol grip with it. The pistol grip is behind the trigger guard, while the bho is towards the front of the guard. I have the Tapco adjustable buttstock & pistol grip installed now. If I install the bho, would I have to remove the pistol grip?? Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If your Saiga does not have an OEM BHO installed and no cutout for one in the bottom of the receiver, you would have to do a small cutout yourself to accommodate it, pistol grip or no pistol grip. My S-12 is an old Kalashnikov USA import and has no BHO. I'm holding out for the LRBHO. Until then, I notched the Safety Lever to hold the bolt open. Works for me.

He's probably referring to the fact that the long square BHO button digs into your hand when the PG is added and the FCG restored to it's correct location.

I modify all mine not to do this by shortening and rounding the button.

Push up on the BHO til it hits the rail and stops, scribe a line there, and round it down almost to that line.

This will make it more comfortable to shoot.

He's probably referring to the fact that the long square BHO button digs into your hand when the PG is added and the FCG restored to it's correct location.

Push up on the BHO til it hits the rail and stops, scribe a line there, and round it down almost to that line.

. . or just completely throw the SOB away :haha:

I personally don't like 'em.

The factory BHO is not very well thought out.

They're most likely only present on the guns to gain "importation points" (which points back to the previous reasoning).

The factory BHO is not very well thought out.

They're most likely only present on the guns to gain "importation points" (which points back to the previous reasoning).

Same here. My factory BHO is laying in the bottom of a drawer somewhere and the hole in the receiver has long since been welded up. If you really want a BHO, use a notched selector lever.

Thanks for all the input. My Saiga must be an old one, as there is currently no bho. Would the Saiga-12.com version work okay, or is it similar to the factory one?? I have no problem holding the bolt open when inserting a loaded mag, but I just thought that the bho might be worth a shot. Can someone post a pic of how they modified their safety lever to hold the bolt open?? I am open to other options. The only down side to not having the bho is that I have to stove pipe the action with an empty shell when I go to the range (during a cease fire). I am also wondering if anyone has had any experience with the ProMag 10 round magazines for this weapon. I just took mine to the range for the first time & it actually didn't feed properly for a couple of rounds (the factory 5 rounder works perfectly & never misses a beat). Will it improve with more use?? Thanks again.

Not even on your S12?

I mean, I never used mine on my x39, so I never re-installed it after conversion. But for my S12, it definitely comes in handy.