Tapco FS + Recoil Pad

So I searched and couldn't really find anything on it.

I just did my conversion and I have a Tapco Folding stock. I was wondering for anyone who has one what recoil pads you use.

With the sporterized config I was just using a limbsaver slip on but it is now too big for the Tapco stock.

I've seen it on several conversions. ACE also says not to use the SOCOM stock on anything over 7.62x39, but I have one on my E-Tac S-12 and it has given me great performance. I would upgrade to an ACE or Tromix or DPH or CAA or VLTOR... pretty much anything besides the TAPCO folder. I like other TAPCO products but that folder is just way too flimsy for me.

Hmm... well if I was to get a different stock has anyone used this one?

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/index.p...products_id=366

I like the looks of it.

Those stocks don't work well at all on S-12's. The quality is terrible and they snap after the first few magnum shells. :scorn:

Buy a different folding stock if you want it to actually work.

Actually... I have an Ace ultra lite modular stock on my S-12 and I'm very happy with it. I just wanted to discourage you from using one of those cause relatively few people do, (it's not nearly as popular as Ace skeleton stocks, Tromix stocks etc), and I want to keep my S-12 more "unique" :D

So, to reiterate, forget that stock, go with something else!! :haha:

To flclisgreat: it's not these stocks that Ace warns not to use on shotguns.. it's their SOCOM stocks.

Edited by post-apocalyptic