So a couple months ago my "tiders" (blood tests to check for immunity to common diseases) came up negative for immunity to the vericella virus (chicken pox / shingles).

My employer, a major hospital hounded me to get the vaccination for this virus. I conceded against my better judgment. I have worked with more than 10 Pt.s who were sick & I never contracted the virus due to vigilant glove usage & a bit of help from the Lord.

So I get the shot the thursday before last...

I asked if there was any possibility that it would make me sick. they replied NO. :booo:

Come the next monday I start getting pimple like blisters on my scalp :beaten: , torso, face & arms!!! :eek:

At first I thought I was having a stress related breakout of acne but they don't hurt the same way that pimples do.

I self diagnosed at work this Sunday on night shift & went to employee health after my shift ended.

I now have an attenuated (slight) case of the chicken pox!!!! :anger:

THOSE SONS OF BITCHES LIED TO ME!!!

Now I get to enjoy a 5 day (at least) vacation until they become non-contagious. I work with pregnant women & immiunocompromised patients at times & can not risk their health.

If they don't clear up after 4 days I will be filing a workman's comp claim.

This pisses me off! :evil:

I don't mind being a little ill, but the fact that they lied to me really steams me :evil::evil::evil:

I told them that my standing answer to ANY & ALL vacination requests is HELL NO!!!

They can kiss my ass! :kiss:

YOU BASTARDS!! :kyle:

P.S. No worries about my health, I feel kinda sick & itchy, but it is not terrible.

I usually never get sick....

Unless I let some yahoo shoot a disease into my shoulder!

post-19652-12536975294609.gif

Common vaccines for illness that you can otherwise that are not serious generally are bullshit to begin with.

If I remember right usually for stuff like chicken pox and the flu they basically shoot you with two things: a small sample of the dead virus and some chem that stimulates an autoimmune response. Basically it tricks your body into going "OH SHIT MAN THE HARPOONS!!!" Generally because of that you will feel similar symptoms to the actual virus.

But yea, telling you that you wouldn't have any side effects from that was a blatant lie.

Eff vaccines IMO. Why pay(or make my insurance pay) for a shot of the same shit that will make me spend 3-5 days in bed for when I can just spend 3-5 days in bed, drinking plenty of fluids, and eating proper for. I hate this medicinal mindset of America where for every little twitch in your body you need medication for.

Common vaccines for illness that you can otherwise that are not serious generally are bullshit to begin with.

If I remember right usually for stuff like chicken pox and the flu they basically shoot you with two things: a small sample of the dead virus and some chem that stimulates an autoimmune response. Basically it tricks your body into going "OH SHIT MAN THE HARPOONS!!!" Generally because of that you will feel similar symptoms to the actual virus.

But yea, telling you that you wouldn't have any side effects from that was a blatant lie.

Eff vaccines IMO. Why pay(or make my insurance pay) for a shot of the same shit that will make me spend 3-5 days in bed for when I can just spend 3-5 days in bed, drinking plenty of fluids, and eating proper for. I hate this medicinal mindset of America where for every little twitch in your body you need medication for.

I was talking to my brother about this the other day. Why do people ever get a vaccine for the flu, it comes around every year, sometimes you get it sometimes you don't. Even when you get it it's not that bad, a little miserable for a day or two. I'll take two days of sick over a doctor's visit any day. It just doesn't seem that big a deal to justify throwing a vaccine parade every year.

I was talking to my brother about this the other day. Why do people ever get a vaccine for the flu, it comes around every year, sometimes you get it sometimes you don't. Even when you get it it's not that bad, a little miserable for a day or two. I'll take two days of sick over a doctor's visit any day. It just doesn't seem that big a deal to justify throwing a vaccine parade every year.

I agree, and by getting flu vaccines every season you aren't helping our "rising medical costs" issue either.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree, and by getting flu vaccines every season you aren't helping our "rising medical costs" issue either.

I agree about that, what's the point of getting a vaccine which will make you sick when you can contact it at work or school or in the mall? I also remember in 1976 the last time we had a swine flu, my brother took the vaccine and it made him extremely sick. Others were no so lucky and died from the vaccine. I got an email about a navy ship where the captain and another sailor died and the entire crew became sick from the vaccine. I have to verify if it was true but I don't trust the government especially with the Muslim Obama encouraging us to take it.