That law has been on the books for a lot of years and never slowed down the sales of 30 rd mags for anything.

Yes it was geared towards the Sweeper, but, that's the kind of thing they will drag up and use against the S-12.

Because it has to hold 12 before it can hold 20.....

I remember when the Virginia state enforcement.....or SBI came thru a Richmond gun show raising hell one weekend. Took a couple tables of mags and one or two guns from dealers. Had everyone worked up for awhile. This was right about the time I moved to Moyock NC........so it's 15 or 20 yrs ago. At that time I think it just applied to those cities listed. Even if it didn't quite read that way...............good luck.....

Yea these Nofolk LEO have been known to pull some BRUTAL off the wall shit toward citizens with guns, city's been sued several good times over it. Looks like the Mayor is turning against us now too,..or maybe he really always was. Well fuck him, he now has to be elected....good luck with that Mayor Fraim :osama:

I don't comprehend alott of what I read and that's why I threw it up here. I'll make a couple of calls and see if I can get it explained to me. I'm confused about the 7 round/12 round/20 round thingy :unsure: I won't be buying a S12 til I figure this out for sure.

Typos

Edited by AA re-cvrd

It appears to me that this only applies to people who are not US citizens or a permanent resident according to the first line of the code.

"Virginia prohibits any person:

Who is not a citizen of the U.S., or who is not lawfully admitted for permanent residence, from knowingly and intentionally possessing or transporting any assault firearm (Va. Code Ann. § 18.2-308.2:01); or who is a firearms dealer from transferring any assault firearm to such a person"

Like I said, I start reading something like this and it turns to shit in my brain.

You know....I do very well in so many things that I undertake and I'm very succesfull as a manager in my ocupation. But me and reading comprehension have never seen eye to eye. That's why I would rather get a little humble and put something like this up here for yall to mull over and help me with, I don't need problems with the law.

Thank you all for being helpfull and not calling me an idiot.....even if you really think I am :lolol::lolol::haha:

Edited by AA re-cvrd

Like I said, I start reading something like this and it turns to shit in my brain.

You know....I do very well in so many things that I undertake and I'm very succesfull as a manager in my ocupation. But me and reading comprehension have never seen eye to eye. That's why I would rather get a little humble and put something like this up here for yall to mull over and help me with, I don't need problems with the law.

Thank you all for being helpfull and not calling me an idiot.....even if you really think I am :lolol::lolol::haha:

Bah, I met you, you're not an idiot :)

Just remember laws are written for lawyers and judges to read and interpret, we can all be as successful as we can, but still not completely understand this crap.

Bah, I met you, you're not an idiot :)

Just remember laws are written for lawyers and judges to read and interpret, we can all be as successful as we can, but still not completely understand this crap.

Thanks fvbrtrmn. I just got off the phone with one of the local NRA certified class teachers, he's going to give my name and phone number to one of the competition groups that he is in contact with, he's pretty sure they can define it for me.

Hey....I picked up a Gorgeous Mosin Nagant carbine, it has the heavy grain wood and not a mark on it, doesnt look like it ever had rounds loaded in it, inside of the barrel shines like new chrome. My little collection is coming along OK, need to find a Soviet AK in wood :super:

Although I'm still waiting to hear back from the person Philip at VCDL forwarded my question to, his opinion was to not have a folder on there if you ran the gun with the drum and even mags that have 12 rounds or more capacity.

Here is his exact response:

"Yeah - I would get that folding stock off there even if I didn't have the 12 round mag. I could see this being misread to say that it has a drum mag and the gun is capable of holding 12 shells (even if that is not the mag in the gun at the time). "

Although I'm still waiting to hear back from the person Philip at VCDL forwarded my question to, his opinion was to not have a folder on there if you ran the gun with the drum and even mags that have 12 rounds or more capacity.

Here is his exact response:

"Yeah - I would get that folding stock off there even if I didn't have the 12 round mag. I could see this being misread to say that it has a drum mag and the gun is capable of holding 12 shells (even if that is not the mag in the gun at the time). "

Yeah..that's the conclusion I've come to also, damn shame. I will probably not buy the S12 now, after all, the whole reason for wanting it is because I cannot get the same parts for my S20, (Drum, 12 round mags, etc.) :(

I wonder how the guys in the comp. groups get away with it, I know for a fact that they use 20 round drums in competition right here in the city of Norfolk, interesting.

Spelling

Edited by AA re-cvrd

Guys, this exact same issue came up several years ago about the same time I called the Richmond branch of the BATF to get a ruling on the Saiga shotgun with a magazine over 5 rounds. Precisely no BATF agent could either give an opinion on +5 round magazines nor had knowledge of the Saiga shotgun at all. My call had to transferred to the D.C. Headquarters where one individual agent was able to answer my questions on importing/ using high capacity magazines with the Saiga shotgun.

My point is, I believe you may be interpreting issues about the Saiga-12 from a bureaucratic office that has little comprehension of the firearm in particular. It's a bit like saying "I'm not going to buy that Mustang GT because it's not legal to drive over 60 mph". Just my two cents.