Messed up installing dinzag bullet guide

I hope someone can help me, I am a stupid moron, and drilled the hole to close to the chamber or barrel opening, whatever you call it, so now I had to elongate the hole in the bullet guide and it still wont go in right to where the screw is sitting flush, because the hole in the trunnion is to close to the barrel opening. I am kicking myself for trying this because I knew if anyone can screw it up I could.

Any suggestions for this? I am worried about trying to elongate the hole in the trunnion back further because I can see me ending up with a big hole in the trunnion.

i would take and post some pics of your problem so pros or experienced conversionists can see the prob. i have done one recently. you need to mark the hole with a automotive punch "with the guide in place" sounds to late for that of course "just for future refrence". sounds like you can use the nut method. good luck. i'm sure u will get it.

my drill bit slipped but I didn't know it, and I drilled the hole to far forward, now it wont line up, has anyone else done this?

I wonder if I should just epoxy it and if so what kind to use, I do not want to make a big hole in my trunnion.

Im not trying to be a jackass, but did you mark your trunnion with a center punch with the bullet guide in place to get your drill point location? with a hard enough hit to a center punch, your bit shouldn't move at all. this i know...im an Iron worker.

Edited by RoughRider666

my drill bit slipped but I didn't know it, and I drilled the hole to far forward, now it wont line up, has anyone else done this?

I wonder if I should just epoxy it and if so what kind to use, I do not want to make a big hole in my trunnion.

Im not trying to be a jackass, but did you mark your trunnion with a center punch with the bullet guide in place to get your drill point location? with a hard enough hit to a center punch, your bit shouldn't move at all. this i know...im an Iron worker.

No offense taken Roughrider I did mark it but i must of marked it wrong the guide must of moved or something so I must of marked it wrong and then I think the bit slipped , either way Im hosed.

Edited by Jeremiah Johnson

I did it, not as bad as you. I was a little off (I need god damn glasses!) I wallowed out the hole and filed down the Allen head a little bit, not much as you have nothing to grab with with the allen wrench. worked fine.