First off I do not represent the store at all. I found it on my way home today. Its called The Gun Zone, and just opened last month. Its located in Mesquite off of I-30 Westbound at Buckner Blvd. It looks like it has the makings of a great store. Corey and Kim, two of the salespeople, spoke with me for about 20 minutes. I was looking for ammo. They have a decent stock of .223, 5.45, and 7.62x39. Its an assortment of Wolf (black box and MC), Brown Bear, Barnaul, PMC, and milsurp. Their prices look pretty good.

The sales staff were friendly and knowledgeable, and they had a decent selection of rifles, shotguns, and handguns. I saw several Saigas prominently displayed behind the counter, including S-12's and S-.410's. :super:

They also have the space for an indoor range (already under construction), but have run into resistance from some members of the City Council. According to Corey, one member who lives in the neighborhood behind the property, brought his school-age daughter into the store and said "I don't want my daughter hit by bullets from your range." Seriously, I would have expected this kind of negative attitude and tactic from California or New York. I never expected it in Texas!

If you live in the area and want to show your support for this business, give 'em a call, or stop in and tell them. Also contacting the City of Dallas in a courteous, and respectful manner would go a long way towards helping them gain approval for the indoor range. The Gun Zone is wanting to start CHL, and Firearm safety classes if that part gets off the ground. Here's the location info:

I'll get off my soapbox now. Hope somebody here finds the info useful.

Put a leash on that dog Bigsal. You don't know me and I don't know you, but I don't appreciate being called a liar. I have a day job just as I'd imagine most on here do, and it has nothing to do with a gun store. I'm a shooter, I love firearms, and I support businesses that want to make it possible for people like us to enjoy our hobby, sport, whatever.

Again, having never met you, I'd have no way of knowing if you were lying to me or not. But I would NOT jump off with such a strong accusation without some proof first.

You have a great day.

Put a leash on that dog Bigsal. You don't know me and I don't know you, but I don't appreciate being called a liar. I have a day job just as I'd imagine most on here do, and it has nothing to do with a gun store. I'm a shooter, I love firearms, and I support businesses that want to make it possible for people like us to enjoy our hobby, sport, whatever.

Again, having never met you, I'd have no way of knowing if you were lying to me or not. But I would NOT jump off with such a strong accusation without some proof first.

You have a great day.

Less than 10 posts and one of them is an add... nuff said.

I'm surprised the mods haven't caught this yet.

• Like 1

Someone has not read the stickies relating to this yet... :nonono: I think it is in the GREAT DEAL LINK sticky

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=41409

Brace yourself....

post-19652-12548685387026_thumb.jpg

:Johnboy:

I read it before I created the topic, but thanks anyway. While you may think its an ad, it is not. I don't need to explain myself to you. Either you'll use the information or you won't. If any of the mods have any questions about the topic, or want to discuss it with me (without immediately jumping to conclusions and making accusations), I'd be happy to talk with them.

You have a great day.

Less than 10 posts and one of them is an add... nuff said.

I'm surprised the mods haven't caught this yet.

I think the word you're looking for is "AD" as in ADvertisement, which it would be if I were actually getting compensation or were affiliated with the store.

Is there some magical number of posts before a member can share this kind of information, bigsal? If so, please share it with me. I did not realize you were so perceptive and could tell honesty from dishonesty without proof. I had hoped the information would be appreciated. Guess I was wrong.

No disrespect to any of the advertisers on here. This was NOT an ad. I seriously doubt any of them are too worried about a new store that wants to offer a range in Mesquite Texas(W(here)TF is that?) If they are, then they have larger problems than this thread.

Bigsal, I'm done trying to convince you of anything. Either you'll find the info useful, or you won't. Don't matter much to me.

Edited by Kevin in Texas

They also have the space for an indoor range (already under construction), but have run into resistance from some members of the City Council. According to Corey, one member who lives in the neighborhood behind the property, brought his school-age daughter into the store and said "I don't want my daughter hit by bullets from your range."

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Assuming the indoor range is being professionally built, and up to par......how in the hell would a round escape the building at all? :huh:

That's kinda like walking into a movie theater and saying "I don't want my daughter to hear the profanity from the movies being shown here". :lol:

As for whether the OP is out of line with the post.........

This is straight from the sticky:

Look, I got no problem if you say "look at the cool new gun I got a "Dicks".... or see the nice gun they have at "Dick's"

Post a link to Dick's and I'll be a Dick.... unless Dick Becomes a business member....

The OP didn't post any links to a website, where the store is selling stuff. As far as we know, the shop doesn't even have a website, or even sells stuff online. I've seen a ton of mentioning of local gun stores by members here. Personally, it just looks like a new member trying to be helpful. That's just my $.02.

The original post was helpful to me.

I was born and raised in Dallas and went to high school near this "new" store.

This kind of post is helpful and I appreciate the "heads up" that a new store is on the scene. I'll check it out the next time I visit my folks in east Dallas.

Happy Trails! N

Edited by Diesel42
The OP didn't post any links to a website, where the store is selling stuff. As far as we know, the shop doesn't even have a website, or even sells stuff online. I've seen a ton of mentioning of local gun stores by members here. Personally, it just looks like a new member trying to be helpful. That's just my $.02.

+1

+1

+1

If there were an issue here, I'm pretty sure Juggs, tritium, Indy or Makc would have been all over it.

They also have the space for an indoor range (already under construction), but have run into resistance from some members of the City Council. According to Corey, one member who lives in the neighborhood behind the property, brought his school-age daughter into the store and said "I don't want my daughter hit by bullets from your range."

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Assuming the indoor range is being professionally built, and up to par......how in the hell would a round escape the building at all? :huh:

That's kinda like walking into a movie theater and saying "I don't want my daughter to hear the profanity from the movies being shown here". :lol:

My thoughts and their thoughts exactly! Proving once again that the anti-'s ain't too bright! Thanks for your .02, bud.