US troops help Philippines as storm toll rises

Ruffian/Georgia PD Thanks a lot you guys. We're busy helping those rendered homeless by the flooding. I am actually many who were luckily not affected. But many of our brethren need help and are being helped. Those NAVY Chinooks I gotta say are a lifesaver. :rolleyes::super:

Well, after that tsunami hit a couple years back, and a lot of us over here got REALLY MAD at our government for NOT deploying our troops to good use right away at a time when it mattered, I think that the US commitment to the Philippines is a welcome show of compassionate force.

NOONE CAN GET IN THERE TO PROVIDE HELP AND SUPPLIES? YEH RIGHT.....THE US NAVY CAN DO!

I am glad to see my tax dollars are being well-spent and are going to help people that appreciate and need it!

I hope that you arent having a nightmare unfold for you, rastamanila.

Keep us posted on your situation over there. You never know who will see what you say.....

Rasta,

Good to hear you are O.K. and the U.S. Navy is visibly helping out. Navy Seabees have been working for some time in the Phillipines doing community improvement projects as my unit had a tasking there a couple of years ago. Recently, we lost two Seabees there doing a schoolhouse and well project. Their unit has been retasked for local disaster relief:

2 U.S. Soldiers Killed by Land Mine in Philippines

UtitiliesTradesman 1st Class

Naval Mobile Construction Battalion 23