Just did this/bvought mine. grease pencil also known as

Sanford China Marker

write on and then use q-tip with small anmount of alchohol, and rub of excess. Whats in the marking stays. Fairly durable. Especially to gun oils. But if its worn off. Grease pencil over, and over. Perfect. Especially on cryllic lettering. ;)

sanford%20china%20markers.jpg

Edited by dodgeturbointerceptor
Guest Guest
Thanks Dodge, do I have to go to an art store to get those?  Definitely easier than painting them.

Yep. Art store. Craft store. I always only find black. So maybe order white, and red on-line. type in Sanford china Marker. And Tons of websites selling them for a standard .89 cents come up. Godd Luck. I know this is what you'll want.

I was thinkin model paint but I am afraid I'll screw it up

Not a big problem...

A "screw up" just means it did not come out well -you wipe it out with solvent and do it again.

Hint: If you do this, just worry about getting MOST of the paint that needs to be wiped off...get the rest via scrubbing with a Q-tip, that has a little solvent on it, AFTER the paint drys. This works well and keeps you from dissolving the paint down in the letter stamp.

I white my lettering (that I choose to) in the same manner. This is a little harder technique -but the results are more durable.

Lollygagger :unsure: (Didn't ya take art class?)

I remembered seeing that photo somewhere, that looks bad ass. I want their logo tattoo'd on my forehead-- Maybe not. That looks awesome though Lollygagger, thanks for the tips.

Edited by chris410
  • 2 weeks later...