NFA Trusts

Old thread wanted to resurrect to see if any new updates or issues?

Looking to get my first item (rifle) and have been reading here and other sites and seem to get differing opinions on trust whether quicken or lawyer drafted.

Looking to do quicken because only going to use for NFA purchases. And if i understand better to have wife on trust?

She will be shooting but more than likely only when I'm present,but only safe in house and she will be storing jewelry in it.

I'm an attorney and I do NFA trust regularly. I wouldn't use Quicken or Willmaker because it doesn't address the NFA issues. BTW I only charge $350,unless you have a complex situation. I have alot of info on my site. www.guntrustinfo.com

I had an NFA attorney do mine. It was $450 several years ago. I would steer clear of any trust not drawn up by an atty. because ATF is now really looking into those especially the Quicken/Legal zoom types and declaring many invalid. Spend the money and do it right. Many folks have trusts in question and have not had any problems but if ATF starts denying these and you are not a lawyer to defend your position there is a real risk you could lose your guns. I chose to let the lawyer who did mine deal with that.

www.TexasNFATrust.com

Edited by U.S Praetorian

I'm an attorney and I do NFA trust regularly. I wouldn't use Quicken or Willmaker because it doesn't address the NFA issues. BTW I only charge $350,unless you have a complex situation. I have alot of info on my site. www.guntrustinfo.com

what issues
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

what issues

40232 can you address this question please?

Thanks,

Gunny