What do you use for sights/optics?

What is the best sighting tool?

Do you even aim your Saiga 12 or is it more of a point and shoot?

I'm wondering what i should get. Help me out!!!

I find the factory iron sights sufficient. I think your money would be better spent on a good tactical light arrangement. The beauty of a scattergun is that you can aim and shoot, or point and shoot. And, the beauty of the S12 is that you can put so much lead downrange so fast either is a viable option.

My factory sights are good enough to shoot trap with a high rate of success. If you need sights that are faster - just point in the right direction and pull that trigger as fast as you can!

Good luck!

WS

Ive seen alot of different set ups. Weld on H&K sites, bolt on front sites, rail mounted optics. Personally, I take a less is more approach. Some folks like to hang everything but a ceiling fan from their guns.

You don't NEED a set of 300 yd sights on your 8" short barreled Russian shotty, but if you like the way it looks - go for it. :smoke:

WS

I have a NcStar 2-7x28 scope for mine(for those 100+yrd shots while hunting) but for round the house I have a set of cheap pistol style, rail mounted sights(had to as I Bullpupped the gun) that work spot on under 50yrds. And for longer, they flip up to an AR style peep sight. Bare bones is good, but so is haveing options.

can't bring myself to put optics on a shotty... Just seems kind of wimpy.. Shotguns are about badass hail of lead going downrange without much concern for accuracy.. Optics are for precise fire.. Combine the two and your just regulating how much inaccurate lead is going down range by sitting and tryng to aim it instead of blasting away. It seems about as neccesary as putting an advanced guiding system on a 10 megaton bomb to make sure it hits a car..

for slugs it's a different deal, but I don't use my shotty with slugs enough, I use it mostly for clays. (a quick release side mount with an optic (probably a halo of some type) would possibly be a worthwhile investment if you shoot lots of slugs)

With shot.. I don't need optics to hit anything in it's effective range.

I'd say go for it if you really like how it looks.. but IMO it's like putting a gigantic wing on a ford focus, people are going to look at you funny since you just wasted money on an improvement which really is of minimal benefit for the sake of looks... But if it makes you happy I guess that's what matters.

You outa just get a rifle to play with optics for.

A lot of people on here think they simply need to point a shotty in the general direction and squeeze the trigger to stop a threat. It may work shooting skeet but in a survival situation where a bad guy could be armed and fight back, proper sight picture and sight alignment will aid putting more buckshot in the target or a slug for that matter. Regardless of caliber or weapon used, you still have to hit the threat correctly to incapacitate it. Properly choking a shotgun for the ammo used will put more lead in the vitals as well instead of scattering it all over the place. Irons work fine but a properly mounted and zeroed red dot type sight will give you more speed acquiring your target in my experience. There is a reason the U.S. military is using EOTechs and Aimpoints, they work. We even ran EOTechs on our SAWs and a really slick grenade launcher sight utilizing a J-Point optic. If you can set yourself up with a good optic and cowitness iron sights for a backup, you are all set IMO.