Galil steel 35 round mags for $12.50

Galil steel mags

I ordered 4 last night. I don't know if it is a misprint? If you look on the previous page they have 2 listing for 35 round Galil mags, one is $29.99 and the other $12.50 both in good condition? I wonder if the same thing happened awhile back when I ordered 2 50 rounders? When I checked back after getting them in the mail they were $12 dollars more.

I know they aren't contributors, but as far as I know none of our dealers sale galil mags?

They've been backordered for years.

That's why the price is SOOO GOOOOOOD

Nalioth, will these mags work in an AR at all?

They'll work in any .223 Galil (SAR, AR, ARM)

They won't work w/o modification in a .223 Saiga (more mods than for the polymer Galil mags).

They won't work w/o modification in a .223 Saiga (more mods than for the polymer Galil mags).

Shit, i didnt make myself clear enough...my bad. I meant will they work in an AR-15 type rifle?

Shit, i didnt make myself clear enough...my bad. I meant will they work in an AR-15 type rifle?

Not in the slightest.

I'm not sure why you're asking, as the prices listed are from years ago (they've been backordered for a long time). If and when they "come back in stock" you can bet your bottom, they'll be priced differently, and with Impact Guns, it's a good bet that nobody'll get 'em for $12.50.

Edited by nalioth

Not in the slightest.

I'm not sure why you're asking, as the prices listed are from years ago (they've been backordered for a long time). If and when they "come back in stock" you can bet your bottom, they'll be priced differently, and with Impact Guns, it's a good bet that nobody'll get 'em for $12.50.

just asking...

[steel Galil magazines] work in any .223 Galil (SAR, AR, ARM)

nalioth, could you elaborate on what specific modifications are needed? I've read some contradictory information on this site about the steel Galil magazines, ranging from 'the IMI mags fit like a glove' to (the far more common) 'they need a lot more work than the Galil Orlites'. The problem with searching for info about using the steel mags is that the 'they don't work' truism crops up so frequently that that's pretty much all that turns up even using Google to search the site.

On a whim, I picked up a couple of steel Galil 35-rounders, and it looked to me like the only mod that would be needed to get them to lock up reliably would be adding about a 1mm shim to the bottom of the rear locking tab.

I did the 2 50's I bought a couple of months ago they work great. Thanks, ArcFault for the good thread.

galil mags

I have a dinzag bullet guide and I didn't have to grind the feed lip at all. ArcFault tells you that somewhere in his thread.

Edited by chupa

Thanks for the link... I found an additional thread yesterday which I didn't bookmark, but which had pretty much the same information. It looks like there is a fair amount of variability between the different makes of metal mags. For instance, one of the photos in ArcFault's thread of the rear locking lug shows the lug having a pronounced curve on the underside - my magazines are somewhat simpler, with a straight bevel instead of a curve. I'd imagine that such variations would contribute quite a bit to the variety of experiences people have reported.

Some other stuff I've noticed with the two mags I picked up - the Magpul-style anti-tilt followers don't quite drop in, but once you get them past the floorplate tabs they seem to ride in the internal tracks quite nicely without any modifications at all. Likewise, standard USGI 30-round floorplates don't quite fit, but it would only take a quick hit to the rear of the magazine with a grinding wheel to make them work as well. Voila! Two more compliance parts, if you're so inclined.