Update, now it shoots low brass Federal, Rem, and and even Winchester

Took the S-12 to Knob Creek today put three hundred rounds through it, and had two stove pipes, while trying to bump fire it, and one double feed, for some unknown reason,

I started out by putting 12 high brass #2 rounds through it,, and then put some federal Wally world rounds through it, with no problem, and continued to shoot the cheap crap the rest of the day. 150 rounds were Federal, and another 150 rounds were a mix of Remington, and Winchester Wally world roundsthat I had, and decided to clear our through the Siaga, or if it did not fire those, I would have run them through the Winchester 1200 pump I own.

Anyway, after shooting all the federal, i decided to try the Remington, and Winchester, and it cycled with no problem.

Although my 2 stove pipes were both Remington, but that was a poor attempt at bump-firing, so I doubt that was the ammo;s fault.

An S-12 is kind of hard to bump fire, could be I need some practice

Here is a short vid of me stirring up some dust, firing a mixed of Fed, Rem, and Win

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn39/jtpbucket/?action=view&current=S-12.flv

Anyway, I am a happy s-12 owner, and thinking a trigger conversion should be put on the agenda soon

Glad to hear your were able to work it out. The S12 won't bump fire low brass. High brass is another story.

Just remember, when it does bump fire you will have very little muzzle control, so make sure there isn't anything in front of you that you are not comfortable destroying.

Also during bump fire, the S12 has a tendency to climb down, instead of up, so keep your feet out of the way....lol!

WS

Glad to hear your were able to work it out. The S12 won't bump fire low brass. High brass is another story.

Just remember, when it does bump fire you will have very little muzzle control, so make sure there isn't anything in front of you that you are not comfortable destroying.

Also during bump fire, the S12 has a tendency to climb down, instead of up, so keep your feet out of the way....lol!

WS

Interesting, I'll have to play around with the bump-fire some more.

I imagine bumpfire with high brass would be the definition of "spray, and pray"

Something that impresses me about the S-12 is the controllability with sustained fire. You'd think it would be flopping about like a fish in a boat,

Every round goes right where you want it which means a double tap yields two holes in the same place.

I also like the wide spread of the round as compared to my Winchester 1200 pump. which has a wonderfully tight, circular pattern, which is desired in that type of gun. The s-12 is the perfect tool for the job I want it to do.

Edited by jtp

I'm not putting down your shooting at all, but I have to say I was much more impressed with how well you have your dog trained. 027.gif Did you train him yourself, or go to a pro?

I did it myself, and also train dogs.obedience, Agiltiy(K9) and Protection. .Dog training is my true obsession

You can't put down my shooting, I know it sucks.That's why I use a 19" barrel shotgun :lolol:

I need a shot pattern about the same size as a barn

WS

I imagine bumpfire with high brass would be the definition of "spray, and pray"

Something that impresses me about the S-12 is the controllability with sustained fire. You'd think it would be flopping about like a fish in a boat,

Every round goes right where you want it which means a double tap yields two holes in the same place.

I also like the wide spread of the round as compared to my Winchester 1200 pump. which has a wonderfully tight, circular pattern, which is desired in that type of gun. The s-12 is the perfect tool for the job I want it to do.

Just my opinion, but having done a fair amount of bump firing with the S12, I find in practical terms, it's a waste of time and ammo.

As you have discovered, your S12 can put an astounding amount of lead on target in very short order. Practically speaking, with both overwhelming firepower, and a high degree of accuracy at your disposal, the need to "spray and pray" are obviated.

Bumping the gun can be an awful lot of fun though....

WS

I'm not putting down your shooting at all, but I have to say I was much more impressed with how well you have your dog trained. 027.gif Did you train him yourself, or go to a pro?

I did it myself, and also train dogs.obedience, Agiltiy(K9) and Protection. .Dog training is my true obsession

You can't put down my shooting, I know it sucks.That's why I use a 19" barrel shotgun 021.gif

I need a shot pattern about the same size as a barn

Your talent and professionalism with dogs is obvious. Not everyone can do that. Learning to shoot pretty good is something almost any fool can do with enough practice. I know, I did it.021.gif

...I also like the wide spread of the round as compared to my Winchester 1200 pump. which has a wonderfully tight, circular pattern, which is desired in that type of gun. The s-12 is the perfect tool for the job I want it to do.

If you want to have more direct control over your S-12's pattern, I suggest picking up a S-12 Polychoke II. It gives you 9 hand-adjustable choke settings.

I imagine bumpfire with high brass would be the definition of "spray, and pray"...

More like just Spray and Spray. Bumpfire is just a game.

However, I am glad to hear that your S12 is functioning well.