Tromix trigger gaurd install pics

Grind off the head of the rivits on the old trigger gaurd and use a punch to pop them out down thru the gun and pull the old gaurd off. The holes that remain will be the bolt holes. Center the tromix and screw the hex screws into it down thru the inside of the reciever and use the washer on the screw at the back of the reciever closest to the stock. You might need to notch the bottom of the stock to clear that last screw as well, I had too.

Anyone have any pics on the tromix trigger guard install other than the "reused" tigger gaurd install ones I see in the forum?

I'm at the point of drilling the holes, and am at a loss as to which way the screws go in and bolt to the reciever.

As Dylan mentioned you need to derivet and then completely remove the factory trigger guard and the trigger guard plate. Once that is done the Tromix DIY trigger guard installs in their place like so..............

post-5877-12583434667303_thumb.jpg

post-5877-12583434778619_thumb.jpg

post-5877-12583434919872_thumb.jpg

post-5877-12583435081912_thumb.jpg

These pictures (courtesy of Tony) can also be found if you go to post #58 on the second page of this thread ( http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=23550 ) in the Tromix section.

Edited by Frogfoot

I'm at the point of drilling the holes, and am at a loss as to which way the screws go in and bolt to the reciever.

You don't have to drill any holes. After you remove the old guard, the screws go down from the top through the reciever into the threaded inserts of the DIY guard. Use the large washer on the rearmost screw. Frogfoot's pics show it all.

Thanks,

That makes sense, Im at the point of punching out the holes, I started to drill one of them out, but stopped to ask the question here.

The rivets should pop out with a punch?

BTY...this forum is the best! Thanks for your help.

I use a cold chisel on that tough ass front spot weld when removing the factory TG.

+1 for the Tromix DIY trigger guard. I have one and I love it. After breaking the weld on my original TG twice, I decided to get one:

brokenweld.jpg

Figuring I must be hard on TGs or something, I opted to mount my Tromix TG a little more securely.....

triggerguard.jpg

internals2.jpg

Instead of just having the threads on the TG itself hold things together, I installed slightly longer screws from the bottom and held them in place with nuts from the inside. They don't move at all. Granted, this is major overkill, and probably unecessary, but after breaking the welds twice, I decided to make sure I wouldn't have an issue again.

Corbin

Edited by Corbin