s-12 ejection failure

my new s-12 is having trouble ejecting 2 3/4in bird loads but fires 3in slugs and 00 fine. i read that some s-12's had only 2 gas ports and could be fixed under warranty how do I check and see if mine has 2 or more. Sorry if this is a stupid question. any other help would be great.

Were you firing the bird loads on gas setting #1 or #2? If you had been firing them on #1, then next time try the #2 setting instead. To find out how many gas ports you have, first unscrew the gas plug from the gas block and remove the gas piston. Then bend out the end of a paper clip and use the tip to feel around inside the gas block (near the front of the gas block) for the gas ports. Sometimes you can see the ports as well, but often not because the ports can be so close to the front of the gas block that the angle just doesn't allow you to see them, but you will still be able to feel them with the paper clip.

Edited by Frogfoot

I understand it should fire light rounds worse on one but thought id try and see if it id any better. I have fired about 75-100 rounds so far through it. i started with 3in oo bk which fired fine but the second I switched to the 2 3/4 bird loads it jammed every other shot. I can only feel 1 maybe 2 ports in the gas block so i contacted Cadiz Gun Works and will be sending it to them i guess.

used a paperclip but will try a pick in the morning. my gun does not fall in the list of normal 2 port problem guns mine is from lot 26/57. so if its not a port problem then what could it be. i have only owned this gun for 2 weeks so its kind of depressing having this much trouble.

Could be a break in issue....mine took almost 200 rounds.

Could be a different gas issue other then being a 2 port gun such onE that could be solved with a gas fixer plug which gives you more settings then the normal 2...gives you 4.

Could be an ammo issue if you are using winchester...especially lights loads or Universal which don't seem to work well in many of our s12's

Guys, I just tested mine before doing the conversion. All I have to shoot right now is some cheap Remington birdshot. I ran it on gas setting two without issue. Then out of curiosity I checked the gas ports and found that it has only two. Considering that it cycled fine with birdshot, is there any reason to do anything about the gas ports? I might pull the gas block and check the diameter. Maybe it has two bigger ones?