slide hitting rear trunion

As I'm just posting away I never looked at the picture of the spring. WTF is going on with those last two coils or are those washers or something behind the spring? In any event, I think your on the right track and thats definately not right. You should have a little coil bind at the last coils but nothing like that.

Above pic is a 2001, lower is 2008-shouldn't make a difference but it shouldn't look like yours.

post-1866-12589445901165_thumb.jpg

Contact Cadiz Gun Works about the spring, pretty sure they're different enough (front/rear) that it could be a problem. Usually the fronts are used to dial things in depending on if your over or under-gassed. Those bad coils can still be an after effect of the gun being over gassed from the start, or possibly the original owner was shooting slugs with the ports on the full open position. Bottom line is Cadiz is the U.S. warranty center and can probably get you the spring you need for sure,and for the price I'd get (and have on all my S12) the Gunfixr plug as it's an easy tuning item that offers more than the standard plug. Good luck, you'll be up and running in no time and it's easier to deal with an over-gassed gun that's broke in than a new under gassed gun in most cases.

Cadiz Gun Works

P.O. Box 126

117 West Market St Suite B

Cadiz, OH 43907-1107

CGWsales@gmail.com

Fax - (740) 942 3175

Distributor and Retailer of RAAC Firearms :super:

• Like 1

well the gun is fix finally. The problem was that the recoil springs were cut by the previous owner for some reason. Installed both new springs and I have shot heavy loads without the slide hitting the rear of the gun and cycling perfect with cheap loads also.

compared the new springs with the old ones and the old ones were about 3/4 inch shorter. :super: