My new SGL-21...am I missing something?

Ok, so just to get this out there, I am a huge fan of this rifle. It's a friggin work of art. The pictures speak for themselves. However, I'm having just one problem...neither the Tapco or Thermold *AK-47* magazines that I own will fit in this gun! So what's the deal? Should I modify the magazines, or the rifle? With the Thermold, the lip is hitting the bullet guide that for some reason Arsenal saw fit to make hang way over the edge of the trunnion and into the magazine well. With the Tapco, the magazine catch space isn't quite large enough for the notch on the magazine. I'm a bit concerned. Any ideas?

Well, ok right after I wrote the first paragraph I dremeled the Thermold and while I was in the process I noticed something: the Thermold almost has a "lip" at the front of the magazine like a Saiga magazine! Anyhoo, I dremeled it down and it works great. Still a little weird though...

Cheers!

post-17693-12596400935075_thumb.jpg

Nice SGL.

Thermolds have a higher-feed ramp (like factory mags). The 'true' combloc mags sit low and will work fine.

Just mod the mags and NOT the rifle (Post would cry if you did).

I ran Thermolds before my BG (bullet-guide) was put in for this reason. When I did my BG I just made sure it would seat the factory/therm mags and comblocs also. (no filing needed). Some people put there BG in way rearward also to match just COMBLOC type mags.

Bulgy STEEL Comblocs are from $15 & up at CDNN and less other places (CSS has some also, not sure on brands).

Tapco and Thermold mags are shit. I'd sell em if I were you. The bullet guide on your new rifle is mil-spec, so it works best with mil-spec mags. Buy some (more) steel combloc and/or Bulgy "circle-10" mags.

Glad to hear you like your new SGL21, Bizza. Told ya so. ;)

Edited by post-apocalyptic