Just picked her up today.

Sure Fire has 30 Round Polymer Magazines to fit the Saiga 7.62. They are US Made.

I on the other hand would restore it to the correct AK pistol grip configuration, make sure that you have satisfied 922R and then use Commie Military mags. :rolleyes:

Just picked mine up yesterday too. And I wandered the same thing. The whole 922r thing confuses the crap out of me, as of now I still don't understand it. :unsure: I want hi-cap mags now, and the pistol grip sooner or later but don't know exactly what to buy (foreign or USA)

And I know you guys are tired of it. (Ya just have to be...) :deadhorse:

Just picked mine up yesterday too. And I wandered the same thing. The whole 922r thing confuses the crap out of me, as of now I still don't understand it. :unsure: I want hi-cap mags now, and the pistol grip sooner or later but don't know exactly what to buy (foreign or USA)

And I know you guys are tired of it. (Ya just have to be...) :deadhorse:

Here is the simple explanation. It isn't confusing. Your rifle has 14 parts total. If you want to have hi cap mags, 4 of those parts need to be made in the USA. Therefore if you get a Surefire mag that counts as 3 parts, you still need one more part to swap out to get your 4 USA parts. That can be any part you choose. The simplest is the stock.

The problem is that a Surefire is $40 and a stock is $40. It will only cost you $150 to convert the whole thing to a standard AK. So the choice is yours.