I just signed the paper work from my FFL for my new Saiga in 308. Unfortunately I have to wait 7 days before I can take possession due to the regulations in Maryland. My FFL gave me the owners manual to look at until I take the gun home. Just a few questions..

1. In the back on the manual it says the gun shot 93mm group with 4 shoots at 100M, Do they test fire them at the factory?

2. Do they ship them without the magazine. The manual has a line through the magazine? I didn't get to go through the box the FFL was in a hurry to get me going.

Thanks

Sorry you have to wait to get your hands on your baby.. Glad I don't live in MD anymore.. wait will be worth it though..

You should get a magazine.. and I was under the impression that testing was extremely limitted/nonexistant, but I honestly do not know for sure and would like to hear otherwise.

On a side note- just the manual from two conversions I'm working on, both 5.45 and it says that a 100m is did 80mm and one did 131mm.. Hadn't noticed it before, and I can't the certificate for the older saigas.. just the manual

Most rifles I think for the last 2 years at least come with mm spec sheets.

My x39 was 'horrible' at 143mm spread but its got dimples and I'm sure the test-guy was 'lit' as the sheet and info were dated 12/16/2008.

Finally got a range to go join (less than 30 mins from house) and test mine post-conversion (shoot n c targets) and will put up results hopefully in the next 3-4 weeks. I just want MOD results at 100 yards or so.

Congrats on the 308. Awesome.

I wish I didn't live in Maryland, but I am stuck here for the time being. I am planning to making the move to Tennessee in the future. I miss my concealed carry permit.

The package I purchased came with a scope mount, mounts and a cheap Tasco Pronghorn scope. I am interested to see how it does out of the box. I will be thrilled if it shoots 3" groups.

Thanks for all the info

• 2 weeks later...

The gun is finally home. I am really pleased. It came with all the goodies and an 8 round mag. Not a bad gun for 449. Of course I will have to see how it shoots, but I really think it's going to be a handy little rifle with a good punch. I need to get it to the range and put a few hundred rounds through it. Then I will start the conversion process.

• 1 month later...