Herter's .308 Win. Ammunition with Dry-Box

You can get Brown Bear 308 win for $6.79 for 20, so $339.50 for 1,000... I'd go with that not knowing how the Herters is, my S308 eats Brown Bear for breakfast, lunch and dinner... never a hiccup, no FTF's or FTE's, good stuff.

EDIT: That brown bear is on cheaperthandirt.com , it goes for more elsewhere and I won't buy any of their other expensive ass ammo at CTD. But their BB is a good deal!!

Edited by ThirtyAughtSix
  • 4 weeks later...

Herters is Wolf. One of the Herter's 7.62 x 39 ads on the Cabela's website has a cartridge lying with the bottom facing toward you. ZOOM it 3 times and you'll see the word WOLF.

EDIT: HERE YOU GO>>>

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0074335217256a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all_NYR&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&QueryText=herters&Ntk=Products&sort=all&Go.y=0&_D%3AhasJS=+&Nty=1&hasJS=true&Ne=2510&nyr=1&N=4879&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1

ZOOM IT 3 TIMES.

Edited by mossb

You can get Brown Bear 308 win for $6.79 for 20, so $339.50 for 1,000... I'd go with that not knowing how the Herters is, my S308 eats Brown Bear for breakfast, lunch and dinner... never a hiccup, no FTF's or FTE's, good stuff.

+1 on Brown Bear. My .308 also eats it with no issues. And my wallet loves it as well. :up:

Try typing in browser address line "www dot herters dot com" and see where it will take you. Yep, its cabelas website. Seems like cabelas decided to come up with their own store brand. But they dont say where in Russia this ammunition is manufactured or give any details on it. Will wait till someone tries it out and will be buying from ammoman and ctd in the meantime :smoke:

Edited by BKLYN_C

So we got some of the 7.62x39 into the store finally, I checked it out and it doesn't have a Wolf headstamp like the picture (which I'm guessing is a photoshop), but it looks exactly like Wolf. I'm considering ordering some, but I'm going to give it a little longer to see if we ever get any of the .308 in...

• 4 weeks later...