Barrel thickness of 19" vs 24"

Afaik, there is no difference in thickness between the 19" and 24" barrels. I don't have nearly as much expertise/experience as some of our members here, but I've never heard that there is a difference.. and imo it wouldn't make much sense for there to be one, (pita at the factory for no good reason).

Edited by post-apocalyptic

They are probably comparing the muzzle of a full choke gun to one with no choke in it. The full choke barrel will appear thicker.

Or they could be comparing a threaded barrel to one without threads. The unthreaded would appear thicker right at the muzzle.

The wall thickness is the same on both guns. However, from gun to gun, they can vary as much as .015" in diameter.

Tony

I assume the barrel thickness of the 24" is thicker than the 19"? When converting either model and cutting the barrel down to min legal length would it be of any advantage to have the thicker barrel? What would be the pros/cons between them?

I was once told that newer guns (2008 and up) had a thinner chamber wall thickness. Someone asked the question so I posted up pictures of my 2008 4 hole gun and my 2009 3 hole gun observing that they were both the same. I believe it was SOPMOD and Cobra that replied stating that both of my guns had smaller chamber thicknesses than their older guns.