Shot my new S12...broke the mag on 6th round??

Hey guys,

I bought myself a 19'' S-12 for Christmas. I was worried that it may be messed up because it was in the lot #'s which had problems. I took it apart the other day and checked my gas ports. All 3 are there and clear. Took it to the range today to put a few buck shots through it. I bought a 12 rnd Surefire mag with it also. So i fire 5 rounds... :lolol: and I'm like a gitty school-girl. So load up another box of shells in the mag and on the first shot the mag falls out. The front locking tab/lug is broken off. WTF! I went on surefiremags website and it seems like they should warranty it but there is no contact info for warranty claims...at least i didn't see it. Anyone have this happen to them? What should i do?

On the card that comes with one of there mags it says:

This mag is warranted for a period of five years from date of purchase. if it fails to perform, please email us at surefiregunmags@aol.com for a replacement. You must return the defective mag along with return postage to comply with warranty requirements.

hope that helps

Edited by PRISONSHANK

Bought mine on 12/12 with a surefire 12. I went the same day to shoot it. I was so excited, I couldnt wait to dump all 12 rounds and record the shit eatin grin on my face. First round FTE. second the mag fell out. It failed at the same spot. It was cold and rainy about 40 degrees here in GA. Havnt gotten round to send it in yet. If you load it with three inch buck or slugs that is a lot of weight/ momentum with recoil for cheap plastic to hold im surprise you dont hear more about these breaking.

I tried to superglue mine twice just broke again. Has anybody re-enforced these or modified them in anyway so that they are indestructable. Im just too lazy too send it back yet.

I have a bunch of AGP mags, and one surefire, so far I have not broken a mag yet, but I decided I will not buy another mag until MD Arms comes out with their stick mags.

MD arms is planning on a proper style with the metal reinforcement. :)

Thanks guys. I threw away the bag with the warr. card. I'll be sure to e-mail them about it. I'm not really shocked that this happened as these mags don't have any steel reinforcement in the front where it locks in. I've seen this problem with polymer ak mags that have no reinforcement. Where can i get a russian 8 rounder? I'd rather not even waste time with these all plastic ones.

we sure do need metal ones, Dave????

Cameron is working on all steel 8 round magazines, and Mike's forthcoming mags will have a steel reinforced front locking tab just like his drum and the Russian Factory mags do. Cameron and Mike haven't given a projected availability date yet, but its a good bet both magazines will be available by some time in 2010.

Thanks guys. I threw away the bag with the warr. card. I'll be sure to e-mail them about it. I'm not really shocked that this happened as these mags don't have any steel reinforcement in the front where it locks in. I've seen this problem with polymer ak mags that have no reinforcement. Where can i get a russian 8 rounder? I'd rather not even waste time with these all plastic ones.

Well Rusmilitary in the U.K. just got Russian 8 rounders back in stock, so if you really want you can order some Russian 8 rounders from them, but if you have patience it would definitely be cheaper to just wait for Cameron and Mike's mags to come out.

Edited by Frogfoot

Both the AGP mags and Surefire have been known to break on rare occasions. I have never heard of a Russian mag or a MD drum break. I also have never heard of any mags breaking in a magwell. Until steel mags become available, a magwel is probably to most feasible way to prevent mags from breaking.

• Like 1