20 ga. slugs in a 22 inch barrel Saiga 20ga.

yes, no matter what anyone else chimes in with!

But the factory or others may tell you differently in this "highly litigious society"

So, if anyone wants to post a "don't do it" response, I ask that you accompany it with pics or links ....

You can paypal me the .02 cents

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

BattleRifleG3: What you need are the so-called rifled slugs. They have the riflings cut into the slugs to add a little spin to the round when you fire it off, but this is also to allow the lead to be swaged through the choke. Basically, it deforms a little bit, and isnt as accurate as say a rifled slug barrel for sure, but you should get good results out to 75 yards or so out of a full choke. My saiga12 has the F(1,0) marking on the reciever, saying its a full choke, but I tell ya, if there is a choke on there, I cant see it. Just make sure a dime will drop down a 12 gauge barrel and yer safe to shoot just about any slugs you can get your hands on. Try to get the rifled slugs, and stay away from sabots. Im thinking of trying a box of sabots out of mine, so ill post pics and or the results when I do. I recall posting a simlilar explanation in parts of this forum before, but I will say something again here...Ive shot slugs out of the same gun (my dad's) with a full choke on it since i was a kid, Im 31 now, and never had anything remotely resembling a problem firsing slugs out of this or any other shotgun barrel.

Steer clear of Solid core/non-rifled slugs and you should be safe 20,000 rounds down the road.