Sling options

I am using a Romy G buttstock with sling attachment on bottom and will be using the Tapco Galil handguard and Tromix bracket when it comes in. What are my options for installing a 2 point sling? I do not have rails in the front and dont want to add any.

Edited by AZ-DAVE-IZ109

I like to use regular old GI web slings. The clip on the rear can be silenced without tape by jamming a wooden matchstick in it. On guns that don't have a front sling swivel, such as AK's, simply attach with a loop of paracord.

• Like 1

Like you, I didn't want a full aluminum tri or quad rail forend.

You could do what I did. Buy a vented factory forend from Cobra that has a short section of single rail on the bottom of it. Attach one of the sling swivels that is made to attach to a rail at its front and attach your sling to it. You can then get a short section of rail cover and cut it to fit the remaining section of exposed rail so the rail doesn't chafe your support hand. The vents in the forend help to keep the barrel col too. You can also buy from Cobra a vented steel gas tube cover that helps keep from burning your hand on the gas tube, plus it looks good.

I have the gas tube cover already and plan on keeping it with the new handguard. I don't want any rails on the handguard at all, I am going for a clean look. I already have a leather sling I just need to attach it to the front somehow. Is there a different screw I can use for the galil bracket so I can attach a QD swivel?