i am converting my .308 saiga and i just the trigger from k-var and the bushing for the disconnector wont fit through the trigger. i was thinking that i should bore out the trigger so it will fit or cut the bushing so it fits inbetween the trigger. the holes in the trigger are just big enough for the pin to fit through it. any tips??

you cant really tell in the pic but there is no way the bushing is gonna fit in the trigger it will fit in the disconnector because it is the origional from the saiga. it is a .308 btw if that helps this is the gun it is supposed to go in. will it hurt to bore the trigger ??

post-22237-12630016796673_thumb.jpg

post-22237-12630017426508_thumb.jpg

I dont know about the .308. But on the x39, correct me if im wrong anyone, it goes threw the holes in the trigger and disconnector. slide it threw and you will see, you shouldnt have to trim anything, there will be some sticking out on both sides.

Then the pin that holds the fgc in place goes threw the bushing.

Aight this is a bad habit im trying to break so ill just ask before i look stupid again I tend to read and type before my brain processes it. Are you trying to put in down in "bewteen" the empty space in the trigger, or thrwe the holes in the trigger, and disconnector?

Edited by chevyman097

the way you explained it IS the way it is supposed to go but the bushing doesent fit in the new trigger i got and thats the problem. the holes in the trigger are just barely big enough for the pin that holds it to the reciever to go through. thats why im asking if i should bore out the trigger or cut the bushing so it fits inbetween the holes on the trigger and just goes through the disconnector

It needs to slide threw the holes in the trigger just as it does in the disconnector not between the holes in the trigger after you slide in threw the disconnector. Put the disconnector in and spring, hold in place, slide bushing threw trigger and disconnector.

This way it holds the fgc in place and you can drop it in and place fcg pin.

Edited by chevyman097

lmao sorry I thought you were trying to put it between the holes. Ok ill stop explaining it cuz Im confusing us both haha. I didnt have that problem and I would tell kvar you want your money back, they are pretty shitty in my experience and others. I got the g2 trigger from css and it worked fine.

Im also not sure how you would "cut" the bushing to make it work.....you would have to crimp it down to a smaller circumference to make it slide threw, but then i think the disconnector would have free space to wobble.

yeh i wasnt sure what i would need to convert the 308 so i got their "kit" came with butstock pg nut, pg, tg, and trigger. i would have just got a trigger if i knew that was all i needed for it. come to find out thats all you need for the 308 is a trigger. i think im gonna take my chance and just drill the hole a little bigger on the trigger (that rhimed) and take my chances if it doesent work i got my money worth with the other stuff i got from them. im not too impressed with k-var either they gave me a trigger guard without the rivet to put the spring in for the mag release. i pray this works too hard for ups to find my house to wait on another trigger.

Well gl I hope you fix it, it sound to me like missmatched parts, being the trigger, disconnector and bushing wont fit. If its a kit they should all be prefit. But well kvar. if you got the whole kit as in stock, parts and all that, you will prolly just be better off buying the parts that dont fit and fixing it rather than trying to make them replace it.

Okay.

You're not using Tapco G-2.

On the G2, the disconnector & trigger have the exact same size holes.

I wouldn't cut the sleeve if it fits your axis pin well.

boar the holes on the trigger if need be.

The trigger & disconnecter need to both be on that sleeve to be installed easily. Otherwise the disconnecter spring will make it difficult to install.

Just make sure that all the pieces can move freely, without binding, but not be loose. If to loose, you could run into problems. If to tight, you could also run into problems.

Maybe the S-12 subforum would have been a better forum to post? I don't know. All the FCGs are supposed to be the same, more people stay on top of the S-12 forum though.... What do ya do?

yeh im just gonna take my chances and drill out the holes in the trigger if it dont work hell i'll just order another one. just hate the wait but its not like i can shoot it with my back broke anyway. gonna do it in the morning my bits are at the shop. i'll let yall know tomorrow how it went. wish me luck and once again thanks for the comments. i dont know what id do without yall.

The bushing won't fit because the Arsenal fcg doesn't need or use a bushing. Just put the trigger axis pin through the trigger and disconnector holes, (without drilling on em).

the problem was i was mixing american parts with russian.(i was still using origional disconnector)and the sisconnector needed the bushing.

Or when you get an extra $28.00 get a Tapco G2 set.

I had no idea that they stiffed you on the disconnecter & you were recycling the Russian.

I thought the sleeve you spoke of came with the new FCG.

Are you using the factory hammer too?

The reason I advised not to mess with the disconnecter hole depth can be found here:

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=33939

I just needed to crash so I just said DONT DO IT. Sorry I forgot to get back to you.

These FCGs are supposed to be matched sets. they are engineered to work a certain way, with certain tensions.

You should really have a matched set, otherwise you're rolling the dice.

I was wondering "WTF"?, when you were talking about how mixing Russian & american parts was hard. :unsure:

But i suppose you were unaware that it should have come with 3 parts.

yeh Paulyski, the only american part is the trigger. hammer, disconnector and spring are russian. thats why i had all the trouble. coulda saved yall the trouble too if i would have said something. k-var said it should have worked and it didnt so i put them in their place. i dont know wny they want to be cheap and swindle people. i got a good mechanical mind and got it to work. it shoots fine and im not worried about 922r or whatever it is. no one where i live would even try to pull that law where i live. everyone here has aks and sks's. got stopped once with a beer in my lap and the cop followed me home to make sure i got home safe. good ol small country towns. i did drill the hole for the disconnector spring a little deeper. like i said shoots fine no problems. i will do it a bit more professional when i do my s12 when i get it.

while we are talking about fcgs, i got to thinkin, sometimes my mak-90 will shoot off 2 rounds at once. done it since i baught it. doesnt do it always. its a pre ban baught it brand new in the box for a hundred bucks years and years ago. thaught it was worthy of this topic. anyone ever have this problem?

i got it from k-var didnt come with disconnector

The "kit" that K-Var sells is for converting their SGL-10 rifles to an SGL-21 configuration. I believe the SGL-10 may ship with some Arsenal FCG parts already in it.

From what I've read in this thread, they may have been shipping the wrong trigger with those kits anyway.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=32226

• 4 weeks later...

while we are talking about fcgs, i got to thinkin, sometimes my mak-90 will shoot off 2 rounds at once. done it since i baught it. doesnt do it always. its a pre ban baught it brand new in the box for a hundred bucks years and years ago. thaught it was worthy of this topic. anyone ever have this problem?

Your disconnector may not be getting a solid hold on the hammer, or your sear might be just a smidge rounded at the tip. Either one of those things can cause your rifle to burst fire when used with a light touch on the trigger... or so I hear. :unsure:

You... uhh... might not want to admit owning rifles that burst fire or violate 922r on a public forum. Just a thought.