2010 R&R Targets Shotgun Challenge

This is it! An all shotgun competition on July 10th and 11th in the heart of Oregon's West side. 325 rounds of shotgun over 12 stages and will include some slugs and buckshot. Targets will be tons of steel and quite a few flying birds. There will be Open, Tactical, Saiga Tactical and Pump Divisions. Open is anything goes, optics etc. Tactial is for traditional tube fed guns without optics. Saiga Tactical is for magazine fed guns without optics and if I have to explain pump, you probably aren't shooting one. This will be a Trophy match to keep the price down. Cost is $100 before May 15th and $125 after. The match will be limited to 85 shooters, so register early. Here is a link to the application: http://www.randrtargets.com/documents/2010_shotgun_match_application.doc

See you on the range!

Doug

The match will be held at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club, Albany OR. It is about 70 miles south of Portland. The range has good facilities and hosts many large matches every year. The USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals was held there in 2006. Going to a match with unloaded guns in cases should never be a problem in the US, but I'm sure there are stories to the contrary. A buddy of mine got stopped in Oregon and had a suspended license. The cop let my buddy load all his clothes, guns and dog in the cop car and dropped him off at a McDonalds to wait for a ride while his car was towed. Sounds pretty laid back to me.

Doug

What about the big 3gun match? I'm in for the shotgun only match but still want the bug 3gunner. I guess I will have to work on Robert to keep that going.

I know, I like that match too, but he wanted to do something different and since it's his baby, he made the call. It should be alot of fun, don't miss it!

Doug

The match will be held at the Albany Rifle and Pistol Club, Albany OR. It is about 70 miles south of Portland. The range has good facilities and hosts many large matches every year. The USPSA Multi-Gun Nationals was held there in 2006. Going to a match with unloaded guns in cases should never be a problem in the US, but I'm sure there are stories to the contrary. A buddy of mine got stopped in Oregon and had a suspended license. The cop let my buddy load all his clothes, guns and dog in the cop car and dropped him off at a McDonalds to wait for a ride while his car was towed. Sounds pretty laid back to me.

Doug

wow! i guess they ARE laid back considering driving on a suspended license is a misdemeanor ( or at least it is where i live) and committing a misdemeanor while in possession of a firearm is a felony!!!! sounds like a pretty cool place, maybe i should move out there.....

Doug

wow! i guess they ARE laid back considering driving on a suspended license is a misdemeanor ( or at least it is where i live) and committing a misdemeanor while in possession of a firearm is a felony!!!! sounds like a pretty cool place, maybe i should move out there.....

Moving west from Maine is not a bad idea, (your Senators suck :D ), but if I were you, I'd stop once I hit Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico, or Nevada. All have better, (more Constitutional), gun laws.