midwest Industries saiga rails

Has anyone seen the new handguard rails for the saiga. If you go to Midwest Industries website they, are showing as availible but there is no picture.

There was a thread in the General Disussion section here about the Saiga-specific MI rails. At least a few people ordered them.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say they probably look just like the regular AK rail they have.

Has anyone seen the new handguard rails for the saiga. If you go to Midwest Industries website they, are showing as availible but there is no picture.

There was a thread in the General Disussion section here about the Saiga-specific MI rails. At least a few people ordered them.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say they probably look just like the regular AK rail they have.

I may have missed it but I saw no mention of anything on it. Could somebody provide a link to it? I also saw it on MI's sight but no photo.

Thanks

I may have missed it but I saw no mention of anything on it. Could somebody provide a link to it? I also saw it on MI's sight but no photo.

Thanks

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=48851&st=0&p=453931&hl=midwest&fromsearch=1entry453931

Not a whole lot of info, but it shows who ordered them.

Brownells shows the regular AK rails from MI, priced at $109 with the discount (regularly $124). If they end up carrying the Saiga-specific rail, they'll be your best bet price-wise, most likely.

Can you provide a link? I couldn't find it on their website.

Thanks

I'll PM you the link. We're not supposed to post links to non-vendors.

I have one. It is very similar to their standard handguard, slightly longer. It covers the area of barrel and gas tube where the hg retainers and flange would be. It installs the same way as the standard system, very solid. The rails are slightly larger than milspec, but anything with an adjustable attachment should have no problems going on. The rail is very light, I didn't notice any difference in weight between the stock handguard and the rail, though I imagine the rail is very slightly heavier.

I will be doing a full pictorial review as soon as the rest of my parts are here, including some tests of the top rail as an optics platform.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Please post pics of the Saiga-specific one mounted, soon.... I bought one, and havent seen it yet. I hope it still leaves the gas block and a bit of the gas tube exposed for a nice, "AK lOOK"...I dont want the ultimak look...If it's too long for my liking, I'll send it back or sell it for the standard MI-AK version..waiting for the pics....thanks.

Edited by icefire