OK... when you shoot irons.... you focus on the front sight tip.

When you shoot "Dot" you focus on the target.....

When you have things set up co witness... do you focus on the target or front sight???

Or is the dot simply used like a rear sight to be aligned with the front sight???

Or..... it don't matter.. you can do either or....?

OK... when you shoot irons.... you focus on the front sight tip.

When you shoot "Dot" you focus on the target.....

When you have things set up co witness... do you focus on the target or front sight???

Or is the dot simply used like a rear sight to be aligned with the front sight???

Or..... it don't matter.. you can do either or....?

Co-witness if overrated. Being able to see either sighting option without removal of anything is great, however.

Just use either the irons or the red dot. When I had an Ultimak, it was easier for me when using the dot to lift my head a little more than I would when I was using irons. The result is the dot hovering above the front sight post by a bit (not touching it), and a more unobstructed sight picture.

You would use either irons or dot as you normaly would.

The idea is just redundancy, If your red dot fails you simply fall back on your irons without losing cheek weld, or needing to modify the weapon.

Its a good thing IMHO

+1

You would use either irons or dot as you normaly would.

The idea is just redundancy, If your red dot fails you simply fall back on your irons without losing cheek weld, or needing to modify the weapon.

Its a good thing IMHO

Nailbomb hit the nail on the head! A mil-spec red dot will almost never fail, but having the iron sights immediately available just in case is a VERY good thing.

• 1 month later...

Drew,

I've got an Aimpoint T1 on its way to me that's going on an Ultimak. It's on a Draco pistol though, so no stock. Should co witness with the irons. We can take it out to shoot if you like.

Corbin