Cant remove one of the screws

Got my rifle today!

Anyway, the back screw on top of the stock... I can't get it to budge. It's starting to strip. Ideas?

brute force and make sure the head of your screwdriver matches the screw exactly

Screwdriver is a pretty good fit. My arms are worn out from the wrenching I've been giving the screw. The other two came out with a lesser but still noticeable struggle, but this one is just stubborn.

BVamp - Wish I had something like that. This thing is killing me.

Same here, my 5.45 the inner buttstock screw, I swear it felt like it was JB welded in there or something. It took a vise, two hands on a screwdriver and a whole ton of muscle to get that damn thing out.

Here's a video of me finally getting the screw off, and what it took to do so. Fast forward to 0:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXrFdtAZyXw&feature=related

:lolol:

Edited by Klassy Kalashnikov

Thanks for the replies. I'll definitely give this a try if I can. The new stock will use different screws anyway, so I'm not insanely worried about damaging them, as long as I can get them out.

In other news, just tested some surplus bulgarian mags versus the saiga mag, sans bullet guide. Saiga mag tends to pop out easily, without using the lever, and I don't know why. However, when it's in, it can feed well in pretty much every direction. The bulgarian mags will feed fine if level with the ground. However, if I have the weapon vertical, they don't. Looks like a bullet guide will be necessary. Already have it though, so it's just a matter of installation now.

Edit: Lol at the video, Klassy.

Edit 2: Saiga mag works fine, but I have to push it up when I pull the bolt back; it wont clip in otherwise. Minor inconvenience, works great afterward.

Edited by voltekka

Dude, there have been guys who have had screws which were so tight, they wound up cutting the stock in half with a saw and working the screw out from the inside with pliers. If yours is really bad, try putting the screwdriver in a vice and turning the rifle around it; you'll have a bit more leverage. Otherwise, you could get a screw bit for a ratchet and put the handle in a piece of pipe for some more good leverage. Good luck!

I have ordered an impact screwdriver from the site linked above. If that doesn't work, I'll try other suggestions. I don't really have much in the way of tools, no vice or the like. I see a trip to the hardware store in my near future.

Thanks for the help, guys.

A good large Snap On brand screw driver is what worked on my new 223.The last two 223's screws came off fairly easy. Saiga must have re-calibrated the ape who is putting on the newer stocks.

Same here, my 5.45 the inner buttstock screw, I swear it felt like it was JB welded in there or something. It took a vise, two hands on a screwdriver and a whole ton of muscle to get that damn thing out.

Here's a video of me finally getting the screw off, and what it took to do so. Fast forward to 0:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXrFdtAZyXw&feature=related

:lolol:

How did flipping flipping your vehicle over and dumping it into the ditch help you get the screw off?!?!? I am confused?!?!? :unsure:

:lol:

:smoke: