What options do I have for 5.45 ak74?

I was wondering what you guys thought of the current ak74's on the market, whats the most bang for the buck.

Im not looking to buy the best but I want a reliable (I know its an AK..) with a good build quality and good accuracy.

Just want a 74 with a longer bbl than my krink. OH yeah and want to be able to use a 5.45 can on it with the Bulgarian 24mm threads.

Thought about a Saiga but would rather spend a couple more dollars and not fool with converting.

J&G has a few, 3 are CAI (1 bulgarian, 1 Romanian, 1 Polish)

$399

1%20BULG%20AK72%20NDS-2%20545X39%20(15-1850).jpg

$429

1%20Romanian%20AK74%20WASR%202%2015-1295.jpg

$429

1%20Polish%20Tantal%20Sporter%205.45x39%2015-1808.jpg

2 are TGI (bulgarian with different furniture but has permanately attached FH?)

Ive had a few CAI guns, not the best quality but nothing wrong with them for a truck gun, I know the TGI would be a better build quality but dont know if its worth the price difference

$669 for either

1%20Bulgarian%20AK74%20545x39%20Blk%20Syn%201501826.jpg

1%20Bulagarian%20AK74%20SSR85C2%205.45x39%2018in%2015-1872.jpg

Then of course there is the TGI truck gun

$499

5a1357e0cfd2a9eb6e3b64ce8fe6182a.image.750x452.jpg

I would really like to have an aks-74 with the sidefolding stock thats Identical to my aks-u

$749

This Looks Like a good deal?

LF74FOLDER.jpg

What about this one?

$499

LCWOODRR74.jpg

Here is all of atlantic firearms ak74's

Any opinions, experiences and other options welcome, thank you for your time.

Edited by JMac

I went through the same predicament a few weeks ago. The truck gun doesn't have a side rail so I knocked that out of the runnings. The Rough Rider from lancaster looked pretty good, but I've read some interestingly negative stuff about their customer service. CAIs are all sub-par in one way or another. I ended up getting a Saiga with the muzzle brake and bullet guide already installed from Cadiz for 495. Then I bought $100 worth of conversion parts. When the comparison comes between a $500 lancaster and a $600 converted Saiga, it's hard to not go for the Saiga.

Ok found what I want,

d_727.jpg

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16579&cat=274&page=1

Use a saiga as a donor rifle and use the above front end.

then put the AKS side folding stock on it so I will then have a true ak-105

The site says "Note: Hardware (pins, springs, etc..) are not included. Parts are only pressed on, not drilled and pinned. ", Any idea how much extra $ and work that note will require??

Ok found what I want,

Use a saiga as a donor rifle and use the above front end.

then put the AKS side folding stock on it so I will then have a true ak-105

The site says "Note: Hardware (pins, springs, etc..) are not included. Parts are only pressed on, not drilled and pinned. ", Any idea how much extra $ and work that note will require??

same as a virgin kit build, they have all pins on kvar website except the detent spring and pin for the FH. I don't have the required jig to do this, I would probably have it built

Any one else have some ideas??

I was all set to get a Lancaster RR but do to my incompetent dealer I don't think that will happen so I'm looking for other alternatives that don't cost a fortune. Preferably not a century build or Lancaster(some say there great others say they are terrible). Would love an Arsenal build but would like to stick in the $600 range. I plan to do a Saiga 545 in the future but at this point would prefer to buy a complete gun.

I'm contemplating getting the aks-74 as picture above from atlantic with the folding stock and the putting the front end on it from K-var. Then I would have a true ak-105 and I wouldn't have to do the stock work. Gotta have the triangular folder though, by far my favorite original stock.

Found a good deal on an arsenal 107cr and picked it up (ak 104) now need his brother ak 105 but for some odd reason arsenal doesn't make the slr-cr and slr-ur in 5.45, so guess Ill have to build it myself.

I like the looks of the Bulgy 5.45's Peachstate has right now, built by TGI.

1266528784969-1641132454.jpeg

Yeah thats the same as the one I have listed above from J&G sales, but a better deal!

This is my desired outcome,

This top pic is from redstick firearms, however they dont use the correct gas block.. Looks like they made this one by combining a gas block and front sight

Short_Barrels_0089.JPG

then add the ultimak and a red dot to get something like below

ak105_right.jpg

Edited by JMac