Now I've done it.

Last night I tried an experiment with my standard 7.62 plastic stock. I injected some expandable foam insulation in it to see if it would get rid of the hollow sound it makes when you tap it. Well, it didn't make any noticable difference at all- still sounds hollow. You might wonder did I remove the stock before I injected the foam. Uh,well, actually no. But this morning I removed the top and bottom stock screws to remove the stock and it won't come off. I'm assuming the foam has bonded it to the receiver. No big deal as I plan on converting it anyway, but am I missing something on removing the stock? Is it just those two screws? Thanks for not laughing.

Ronbo1

Last night I tried an experiment with my standard 7.62 plastic stock. I injected some expandable foam insulation in it to see if it would get rid of the hollow sound it makes when you tap it. Well, it didn't make any noticable difference at all- still sounds hollow. You might wonder did I remove the stock before I injected the foam. Uh,well, actually no. But this morning I removed the top and bottom stock screws to remove the stock and it won't come off. I'm assuming the foam has bonded it to the receiver. No big deal as I plan on converting it anyway, but am I missing something on removing the stock? Is it just those two screws? Thanks for not laughing.

Ronbo1

I believe there is 3 screws. 2 on top and one on the bottom. I had to take a rubber mallet and tap my stock to remove it.

I don't know about anyone else, but I was kind of hoping for pics of Great Stuff pouring out of a receiver.

Glad to hear it didn't happen, but the pics would've been gold!

yep..I was expecting to read "whats the best way to remove expanding foam from my receiver"

Yeah, I'm glad I went easy on the foam. Thank God sometimes I have more luck than brains.

I learned that lesson trying to seal a seam between my stucco and bricks. It expanded much more than i thought it would. It got on the bricks and now i have orange foam in the pores :(