Here's my AKU-94 with some mods. I normally wouldn't splurge on a "kit" gun like this but I scored it at a gunshow in trade for a Western Field shotgun (Mossberg 500 copy) I intended to get rid of for whatever. I ended up with this in the end.

For the red dot sight, I installed an Ultimak gas tube and a NC Star "see through" riser which required a little cutting and dremel work to make it sit back far enough and line up with the Ultimak. The RDS is in a standard Aimpoint QRP mount. My goal was to have a RDS on it and allow co-witnessing with the irons, it worked out in the end. I also have a chunk of rail underneath the forearm for the vertical grip. I also notched the safety lever. I like the compactness of the bullpup but it has the trigger creep of a squirtgun so I intend to do some polishing on the FCG as I assume they used the Romy parts in the build. I still may say screw it and cut and modify a G2 for it. Anyone else have any tips with tuning the trigger pull on these things?

DSC02616.jpg

Edited by MT Predator

I thought about buying one of these awhile ago, I really like them. The trigger pull does suck. You could try and put a straight rod instead of the wire that's in there now. Can you take a pic of the internals?

Yup, Yup, the trigger sucks! The play is in the connector rod/spring that they use. I solved mine by replacing the factory one with one I made from SS TIG Rod. You gotta play with it, but I got mine to be a pretty crisp let off. OH yeah, Here's mine, I cant stand the looks of the sights.

bullpup.jpg

I agree with you akastormi, the iron sights on these things are fugly but they do work. I do like the fact they use a rear peep sight. For looks, I'd strip them off like you did. For function, I want backup irons in case the RDS goes tits up.

Edited by MT Predator

YARP, there isn't much room for a big rod instead of the wire. It has to run through the receiver and clear the mag on its way to the FCG. I can see one made of TIG rod/wire like akastormi used will clear though.

Mine's a Century build on a Romy G BTW. I looked at the front sight pretty good before doing the trade as I was weary of the dreaded canted FSB. It is straight to my astonishmet as I thought they'd throw all the jacked up builds towards these bullpups.

Just droppin in to check things out. I couldn't keep the front handgrips tight. My kit was secondhand so I dont know if it was modified.

I put on a vertical and am going to chop it off. Have to take it out and see where it needs to be shortened. Been ingrosed

in my chopper the last two months. Want it ready for Oct. Fest in Daytona.

post-13220-12682435887937_thumb.jpg

post-13220-12682436818249_thumb.jpg