Tapco Intrafuse T6 stock

Hey guys, just got my Saiga 12 pre-converted from Peach State Guns. It comes with a Tapco Intrafuse t6 stock. I'm not crazy about the T6 and I'm wondering if other after market stocks will fit on the extension tube. I'd like to put a Magpul or Vltor Emod on it. Is the tube milspec or commercial and will the position holes line up with those other stocks?

Tapco T6 is neither MilSpec or Commercial, it is a out-of-spec bastard with tolerances all over the damned place.

Mine measures anywhere from 1.14 to 1.19.

Granted it served well while on my S12, but, it wasn't inline with the barrel, butt rattled on tube and its fugly.

Get rid of the crappy T6 tube and get the VLTOR.

I just installed VLTOR's AK adapter tube and Emod buttstock.

The VLTOR is A1, bolts up rock solid, lines up with barrel which cuts perceived felt recoil & fits well with most quality milspec buttstocks.

The saying holds true, "Buy the best, pay once & cry once."

KK,

doesn't PeachState do their conversion using the T6 without integrated PG?

T6 with integrated PG is the 'Intrafuse' vs regular T6.

Mine was a full conversion using a T6.

Regular T6 http://store.carolin...BLE-AK47/Detail

Intrafuse T6 http://store.carolin...NTRAFUSE/Detail

Edited by ChileRelleno

Have installed Vltor's and CAA's on conversions/restorations. Both are excellent quality and can offer excellent value for the money. For best pricing Google is your friend;)

Okay guys, I'm all for getting rid of the whole T6 POS. Does the VLTOR or CAA stock adaptor bolt right on or does the tang have to be cut off? I'm a little wary of cutting on my receiver, which is the reason I bought a pre-converted gun. Hell I'm a little nervous about having to dremel off my front sight when my quad rail comes in. If either one of those stocks will bolt right on, I'll pull the trigger on the "buy button" right now.

Yep, they both bolt onto the receiver as is, no removal of the tang.

The only real difference between the VLTOR & CAA is that the VLTOR has integrated QD sling swivel mounts & the CAA has snap clip rings.

Both have a sealed storage compartment in the rear.

IIRC, the older CAA are polymer, get the newer aluminum if ya get a CAA.

Edited by ChileRelleno

Thanks alot guys. Pulling the trigger on a VLTOR as they are all US made. I know VLTOR make quality stuff too. I have a MUR 1A upper with a CAS V and EMOD stock. Once I have it finished I'll post some Pics. Thanks again gang!

You'll like it alot, here is mine, http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showtopic=51544 Edited by ChileRelleno

You got it msrdriver. It's going to be a couple of weeks before I get a chance to switch 'em out. Anybody know if the CAA CBS stock is made in US or Israel?

Israel, it is not a 922r compliance part.