Sign in to follow this  
justinmcmillion

Building an AK105 Clone

I wish I had some man, but I do not know those guys. Frankly Ive only had three or four orders with them in the last 5 years, so I am not really the guy to ask. Hopefully they will answer the query in their sub-section soon.

Bump this back up as I have a specific question, and it seems you guys know the answer. Can the Russian FSB/GB be used to convert a 5.45 Saiga into an AK-105 pattern or is the gas port hole on the Saiga located such that the Bulgarian FSB/GB is the only one that will work?

It is damn tempting to fire off an order for one of those SGL32-61s and snag the Russian side folders KVAR has right now and call it good. I knwo the front site would be wrong, but with all of the crap stamped/penciled onto the Receiver is may not matter...of course, one could always have the builder "wipe" the receiver and add the correct Russian markings...

There shouldn't be a difference in the gas ports, for example I used a Bulgarian 5.45 gas block on a friends 7.62 Saiga sporter conversion and even the pin holes lined up.

If you're willing to drop the $$$ the SGL32 would be fine, you can always swap the Bulgarian 105 FSB/gasblock for a proper Russian, then sell the Bulgarian to get a few bucks back. I'm considering SBRing my SGL31-61 by converting it to a 105 pattern rifle but haven't made up my mind yet.

Z

The gas ports are in different locations.. and the bbl has to be turned down when using a russian GB. If using a Russian Gas Block the gas port will need to be welded and re-drilled. This information is straight from Ted Marshall.

Any news on this by chance?

The gas ports are in different locations.. and the bbl has to be turned down when using a russian GB. If using a Russian Gas Block the gas port will need to be welded and re-drilled. This information is straight from Ted Marshall.

True, a friend is going through the same process and I've gotten my schooling on AK105's

Z