play in gas puck, good or bad

well i was trying to solve some feeding issues with no 8s and i did solve it by drilling out my 3 port as big as i could with out them touching each other, yes i know excessive but i didn't not want to use lower powered springs, and i have no feed issues, and i do have the twister puck, and gun fixers plug, now that i have covered all that, one issue i am having is when i remove the gas block i noticed that with the factory plug or the gun fixers plug they both have to be turned out two full turns before they don't restrict gas flow in there max setting, also i noticed a lot of play in my puck with the bolt closed, is this normal or acceptable

yes. they are all like that. i am curious to hear how those huge ports work out for you. mostly interested in how many rnds you can shoot before fouling the gas system. i think tromix made alot of sbs's with only 1 enormous port.

so far i put almost 400 rounds of bird shot threw it with out one fail and about 40 slugs and have no receiver damage or issues so i guess i got it figured out, just was worried about that play in the puck, that new plug is great, i can turn it all the way in and then to the most restrictive setting and it wont even cycle high brass or turn it out a full turn and to the number 3 setting and cycle bulk pack shit so i guess i got it going and as for fouling its not so bad, i do get some plastic stuff in there but it doesn't effect any thing so far

Id use caution with 3" 1 1/4 oz. max loads in that....if you fire it probably even one time on the wrong gas setting, you will screw the gas piston/op rod up in short order by either bending it, or breaking it.

^ A good point.

I haven't even tried any 3" magnum shells in my S-12 since she returned from her Lone Star Arms refinement, (Federal low-brass birdshot now cycles on factory setting 1 or Gunfixr setting -1). I think she'd handle em ok, but with additional gas ports, honed and mirror-polished rails, bolt, bolt carrier, fcg contact surfaces, etc... it's not worth the risk.

2 3/4" buck and slugs are powerful enough for anything I need to perforate, anyway. ;)

ymmv.

Edited by post-apocalyptic

true,3" loads are expensive and over kill if 00 2 3/4 buck is good for military its good for me, but even with all i have done it still cannot cycle bird shot on setting one, does any one here know if a polish job really helps cycling or just putting a loaded mag on a closed bolt, also i messed up and for my first mag purchase i didn't do much research and got two 10rd and a 20rd drum from pro mag, and well, i am not allowed to express my feelings in the words that i would like. but the drum works ok except that every time i get to the 8th or 9th shot always one of the two it fail to eject, but then continues on, one 10rd mag works flawlessly 4 out of 5 times and the other fails to feed for all but the last 3 rounds, some one pleas tell me from personal experience and not just what they hear if agp i think it is, is a better choice and if they have any other suggestions let me know, i know that my only issues at the moment are mags, by the way, it cycles way better with the factory puck than the twister puck, i am not sure if that's odd or not but ow well i guess, and would any one know if welding the exhaust port shut is a good idea or not, just an idea i got off another post

true,3" loads are expensive and over kill if 00 2 3/4 buck is good for military its good for me, but even with all i have done it still cannot cycle bird shot on setting one, does any one here know if a polish job really helps cycling or just putting a loaded mag on a closed bolt, also i messed up and for my first mag purchase i didn't do much research and got two 10rd and a 20rd drum from pro mag, and well, i am not allowed to express my feelings in the words that i would like. but the drum works ok except that every time i get to the 8th or 9th shot always one of the two it fail to eject, but then continues on, one 10rd mag works flawlessly 4 out of 5 times and the other fails to feed for all but the last 3 rounds, some one pleas tell me from personal experience and not just what they hear if agp i think it is, is a better choice and if they have any other suggestions let me know, i know that my only issues at the moment are mags, by the way, it cycles way better with the factory puck than the twister puck, i am not sure if that's odd or not but ow well i guess, and would any one know if welding the exhaust port shut is a good idea or not, just an idea i got off another post

Why not just switch gas settings for birdshot? I can see the need for competition and such, by why spend all that money on special pucks and plugs and polishing when all you need to do is take 2 seconds and use the little wrench that came with the gun to flip the switch and birdshot is good to go?

Why not just switch gas settings for birdshot? I can see the need for competition and such, by why spend all that money on special pucks and plugs and polishing when all you need to do is take 2 seconds and use the little wrench that came with the gun to flip the switch and birdshot is good to go?

before doing all i did i could not get it to function with bird shot at all, and then before doing the gas ports it would jam every time i fired form the hip, so by doing this i can point straight up,down hold the rifle side was upside down and even hold it with a very limp arm and it function flawlessly, and i can adjust the gas setting for the heavier loads, but i shoot alot being as i live in the country and don't have to worry about range fees, so i got threw a lot of bird shot and just wanted to not get pissed at it every time it jammed, if yours works out the box with bird shot cool, mine didn't and money is always well spent when on a weapon u can always trust, and yes i have close to 1500 invested in it, when the rest of what i have ordered shows up then i will post pix, its taking a bit longer than i thought for shipping which is how i ended up with damn pro mags, (some one had them locally in stock) its made like an ak, it resimbles an ak, and i want to trust it like i do my ak

Edited by nathan00campbell

i almost forgot, i will be adding a high quality flash light and laser as well for at night when rabbit hunting or killing raccoons that mess with the chicken coop hell i love this rifle and also will be painting the receiver gas tube and barrel only od green leaving the dust cover for arm , stock and muzzle break black, should be sweet