**Problem** Modifying AGP Mags For Magwell

I've used an AGP mag with the front tab ground off and the two top most screws (one front and one back) removed in a JT Surefire magwell for awhile and have not had an issue. I've only fired 2 3/4 birdshot from it, but no worries at all with the extra support the magwell gives.

Eric

In my experience no. I have experienced no problems from it and I have fired a few hundred rounds including a number of magnum slugs and buck. If you read the instructions that came with the mag well it will tell you that you can fill it with epoxy or the like but that it is not needed.

Ok then that's reassuring since you guys have had your for a while.

The mags just look like after a few drops on the ground (3 gunning) they will crack open at that split up top and have to be thrown away.

Do the Surefire mags have the same issue splitting up top? I wonder? I would have to reinstall the magwell but the Surefire version if I were to switch over.

Ok then that's reassuring since you guys have had your for a while.

The mags just look like after a few drops on the ground (3 gunning) they will crack open at that split up top and have to be thrown away.

Do the Surefire mags have the same issue splitting up top? I wonder? I would have to reinstall the magwell but the Surefire version if I were to switch over.

Surefire have a one piece body.

I prefer AGP, but 3 gunners seem to like the Surefire 12 for the extra 2 shots.

The Surefire 12 will not load 3" magnum in the 12 round configuration dependably (according to surefire themselves), but are great for light loads.

In the 8 round configuration, Surefire are very dependable.

Here's a pic I made of the front of all the available stick mags less the Taiwanese 5.

post-3-1270237461042_thumb.jpg

I changed the surefire mag well to work with agp mags with the top front screw still in place. cut a relief into it with a 5/16" ball end mill. works with all 3 brand mags now. the agp mags are easier to extend into 19 shot frankenmags but I figured I'd need the screw there to prevent what happened to you. can you epoxy them back shut?

going12220,

Yes I can put some epoxy, Marinetex, or bedding compound over it but when they smack the ground nothing is going to hold up after a few trips to the ground.

Can you post a pic or email me a pic of your modification to your magwell? That sounds like what I want to do!

Thanks!

4 OF 4

you might be able to save the mags you have now by disassembling one epoxy / glue the top front well past the effected area, clamp it, let it dry, reassemble, then drill a small hole or 2 as high up the mag as you can, put a small nail or 2 in it / them and peen it / them over. worth a shot and beats dropping $40.00 in the trash can

or as the bottom of a frankenmag.

post-20842-12702403583894_thumb.jpg

Edited by going12220