Question about S12 finishes

Hi, didn't see any topics about this so...

In a youtube vid of a S12 conversion, there was no bluing/finish under the sporter plate so the receiver looked like ass. I was wondering if they are all like that. If so, I'd really to refinish it.

For that, I have 2 options: Guncoat (spelling?) and Duracoat. I had a couple firearms I can practice duracoating myself, plus then, maybe I'll go for something more wild for colors or camos? I'm sure theres a ton of experience here on finishing weapons. :zorro:

Some sort of orange urban digital camo?? Or "red tiger" off COD MW2? lol

So much for typing this out and not posting it for so long... now there is a post about some of this.

Still though, $60 for a shop to do it with Guncote, I can buy duracoat stuff and do it plus a couple others I own, or I can have it professionally duracoated with a camo scheme.

So much for typing this out and not posting it for so long... now there is a post about some of this.

Still though, $60 for a shop to do it with Guncote, I can buy duracoat stuff and do it plus a couple others I own, or I can have it professionally duracoated with a camo scheme.

I say DIY....not to hard

Once I get mine running right, I'm contemplating a dull black Powder Coat. I haven't heard of alot of people doing that, but I'm looking into it.

I've heard the Powder Coat is pretty hard stuff but have no personal experience with it.

TYBOY

I just got done applying KG's gunkote to mine. I'm very happy with it and the support was great too. I called tech with questions a couple times and they were extremely knowledgeable/helpful. This is the only coating I have applied so I cant compare, but I love it.

$60 to have a pro do it is an awesome price, btw. If you use the recomended sanblasting media you can expect to pay around $60 for that alone. I just used silica sand to save time and $$ and still spent about that much to diy...

I suggest Norells Moly resin. I did these myself and baked them in the oven.

P1080304.jpg

AMD-65 with Bulgarian Triangle Folder

skotts_guns_1420.jpg

Saiga 12 "C" Conversion

P1070574.jpg

FAL Gas Block

P1070341.jpg

FAL Lower

P1070342.jpg

FAL Lower Detail

sKott