When was it made, and is it threaded?

OK so I figured I would post this one and really listen to all of the advice unlike the bullet guide...lol. Below you will see pics of the markings and the barrel I am trying to determine when my rifle was made, based on what I have learned here I am guessing in 2009 it was made the month I have no idea. I included some close ups of my barrel hoping someone may have some insight to whether it is threaded or not? This is a task I am not sure I am ready for as far as cutting off the FSB, if it is not threaded I figure once it is off the only option would be to thread the barrel.

post-24074-12706584268292_thumb.jpg

post-24074-12706584501426_thumb.jpg

post-24074-12706584657407_thumb.jpg

post-24074-12706584786246_thumb.jpg

My March of 2009 muzzle looked pretty much like yours in the photo. Mine was not threaded. It is now. If a muzzle brake is something you want, cut the shroud and have a look. Threads -- great. No threads -- not so bad. Just rent/borrow/buy a die and tat and you have threads. Threads are one of the few things you can change. Stepped chambers and a lack of magazine dimples are things you're stuck with. Converting your Saiga is a lot of fun and when you've finished, you're going to miss this phase of owning a Saiga.

My March of 2009 muzzle looked pretty much like yours in the photo. Mine was not threaded. It is now. If a muzzle brake is something you want, cut the shroud and have a look. Threads -- great. No threads -- not so bad. Just rent/borrow/buy a die and tat and you have threads. Threads are one of the few things you can change. Stepped chambers and a lack of magazine dimples are things you're stuck with. Converting your Saiga is a lot of fun and when you've finished, you're going to miss this phase of owning a Saiga.

Well I have seen some of my spent shell casings so I know I have a stepped chamber, but now my question is what are magazine dimples and where do I find them?

Well I have seen some of my spent shell casings so I know I have a stepped chamber, but now my question is what are magazine dimples and where do I find them?

I have no magazine dimples here.

I've got some magazine dimples for sale :Johnboy:

(j/k, this shows the magazine dimple:)

akm%20receiver.jpg

You use a Romanian rifle as an example on a Russian AK, (Saiga), board? :eek: For shame, man! :D

Magwell dimples are pretty self-explanatory. They're dimples stamped in the receiver, just above the magwell. Here's a couple pics of my Russian SGL21:

sgl001.jpg

moresgl002.jpg

Along the same topic as to when it was made. My Saiga 7.62 is stamped 99. Now I'm assuming that means 1999, right? But the Blue Book website shows that Saiga's were imported from 2002-2004 and reintroduced in 2006. Or I guess it could have been made in 1999 and imported at the later dates specified by Blue Book. Or Blue Book is wrong.