Hi,

I recently heard a VERY SCARY rumor from a company that I made a purchase from that the importation of ALL non U.S Arms and Saiga products specifically the Saiga Shotguns to the U.S. was or is going to be halted due to our lovely administration!

I would very much like to know if there is any truth to this. I just purchased my first Saiga 12 today, and im wondering if I did it just in the nick of time.

thanX in Advance,

-RR

Edited by RoughRider666

Hi,

I recently heard a VERY SCARY rumor from a company that I made a purchase from that the importation of ALL non U.S Arms and Saiga products specifically the Saiga Shotguns to the U.S. was or is going to be halted due to our lovely administration!

I would very much like to know if there is any truth to this. I just purchased my first Saiga 12 today, and im wondering if I did it just in the nick of time.

thanX in Advance,

-RR

Just a rumor.

Looking back at all the other imports that have been banned or are otherwise now unavailable, it's only a matter of time until *something* happens with Saigas. But I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

So no need to panic buy, but it's still prudent to buy more than one as you can afford to do so. Eventually good, cheap Russian AKs will be a thing of the past and you'll be happy you have a backup for parts or to sell at a profit.

Edited by rob-cubed

A useless gesture... most definitely! But that doesn't mean that Big Gov won't continue to squeeze the supply of imported firearms, parts, and ammo. Just look at the recent barrel ban which has greatly affected basement builds.

I figure it's only a matter of time before Russia joins China on the "no go" import list. But it might still be a decade out...

Sounds like a very late "Obama's going to ban all guns" post-election paranoia urban myth. The Democrats are in near panic mode that they may not be re-elected due to voting in favor of Obamacare. A gun ban in any form would surely spell defeat for most of them and a swift return of Republican majority. Usually, the source is trying to either sell you something other than a Saiga that they don't normally stock or convince you $900 is normal for a soon-to-be-rare Saiga-12 he does stock.

Call or e-mail Mr. Woods at RAAC and ask the importer directly for confimation if his business is soon to be over.

Sounds like a very late "Obama's going to ban all guns" post-election paranoia urban myth. The Democrats are in near panic mode that they may not be re-elected due to voting in favor of Obamacare. A gun ban in any form would surely spell defeat for most of them and a swift return of Republican majority. Usually, the source is trying to either sell you something other than a Saiga that they don't normally stock or convince you $900 is normal for a soon-to-be-rare Saiga-12 he does stock.

Call or e-mail Mr. Woods at RAAC and ask the importer directly for confimation if his business is soon to be over.

Funny you mention that, because did exactly that! I emailed RAA and some reason the email wouldnd go through...i tried it several times and nothing worked. I couldnt call because it was saturday at the time, so im gonna wait till monday and try to call them...

Funny you mention that, because did exactly that! I emailed RAA and some reason the email wouldnd go through...i tried it several times and nothing worked. I couldnt call because it was saturday at the time, so im gonna wait till monday and try to call them...

Be aware that RAAC ceasing to import saiga 12's is NOT the same as no more saiga 12's coming into the country. Importers change all the time. EAA, RAAC, Arsenal etc. have all had contracts with Izzy and Izzy is constantly looking to unload more product.

:smoke:

if the shtf and you are a gunsmith, machinist, prospector, smelter, iron worker etc... please come to Montana as we plan to arm the planet with battle rifles. We have the resources and the equipment, we just need to "borrow" it from the corporations who now run them. They won't mind as long as we give it back after the UN is eliminated and we want regular jobs again....