Price for Saiga 7.62 x 39?

I got mine for $250.00 plus 4 10's and 2 5 round magazines...

Cobra got his for the same price with a few mags too...

so figure about that... some can be had for closer to $200.00

some are more than $250.00

shop around... you should be able to get one at a price you are comfy with.

:smoke:

:eek:

So, why are 7.62 x 39mm saigas cheaper than saiga-12's? It is a rifle... wow, that's tempting... if only I had somewhere to use it. It would be nice to have one even if it will just lay there for a decade or two until I find use for it.

• 4 weeks later...

$200-$225 in North Texas gun shows.

Best priced retail dealer currently is Military Gun Supply in Fort Worth (www.militarygunsupply.com).

I bought the 7.62 carbine ($200 cash OTD at gun show) and converted it. Also bought the 7.62 rifle (longer barrel) ($220 OTD at MGS) and kept it in ranch truck unconverted. Great deer rifle with soft point ammo...

Best gun for the money ever, if you exclude milsurp!

• 1 month later...
Went in the gunshop and the tag read $169.00. I told the young sales clerk it was a nice gun. Next day the tag read $189...I felt so loved...

And people wonder whats wrong with america these days...

EVERYONE always out to "bone the other guy"....

Gotta love free enterprise and CAPITALISM! WOOOHOOO!!!!

:smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

I bought 2 this last week for $229 each (With 1 10 rounder each) at Dunham's. If they go on sale in the next 60 days I'll get the difference back. Had to move on 'em as they are drying up around here. Worth it to me. I coulda got the Century Arms low cap Romanians for $199, but who wants 'em. Besides my shotties were lonely!

Dunham's regular price is $229 for the 7.62 and $269 for the .223 in the Grand Rapids, MI areas. Amazingly as I buy one or two within a week they have another to put in the case all the while denying having any in the back room. Even as I type this I am getting itchy to buy another 7.62. The price is so attractive and the ammo so cheap. Plus the 7.62 so nice converts into using standard AK mags.

I should do it. I just finished converting my .410. Hmmmm...a Saturday afternoon and I hear Dunham's calling....... :rolleyes:

EDIT: I answered the call only to find out they had sold both the 7.62 and .223 to the same individual on Monday of this week. Bummer!!! :cryss:

Edited by Wolverine

Wolv - Flint has a 7.62 if you want to drive that far. I purged Bay City and Saginaw of all shotties & rifles. Midland has a S-20 for $199 and a 7.62 for $229. Good thing is there are lots of Dunham's around.

Thanks for the straight scoop dinzag and McGrey. Grand Rapids has two Dunhams. The store near me seems to import one from another store each time one sells. I expect to see either or both a .223 or 7.62 in the next couple of weeks. I'm thinking of adding another 7.62 to my collection. I am becoming increasingly convinced we are looking at the last of the Saigas as my doubt grows that approval to import will again be granted. I think BATF is working on stemming the tide of imported inexpensive semi auto rifles. I suspect it is BATF's reaction to the sunset of the prior ban.

I was talking to a guy at the Bay City location and he said someone bought a sh!tload of century arms ak-wanna-be's from Lapeer and was selling them for cash out of the back of a Flint grocery store. They got busted.

I was talking to a guy at the Bay City location and he said someone bought a sh!tload of century arms ak-wanna-be's from Lapeer and was selling them for cash out of the back of a Flint grocery store. They got busted.

Doesn't suprise me....

Went to the Birch Run Gun show and looked at every booth in the place and didn't see a single Saiga... I did pick up a little Bersa .380 though....

Went to the Birch Run Gun show and looked at every booth in the place and didn't see a single Saiga... I did pick up a little Bersa .380 though....

Yeah, I went yesterday morning. My buddy got a dustcover/scope mount for $18. We went to the next booth and another guy was selling the same one (IDENTICAL) for $50. He then pointed to a nifty full-auto AK FCG for $25. Had a sign on it and everything! Guess it's not illegal to sell 'em??? Got weird vibe from the guy so we blew him off...Picked up some Bulgarian black waffle mags for $15 each.

Nope no Saiga stuff at all - Sh!t loads of AR stuff though - too rich for my blood...

The bersa's are nifty little pocket guns. I almost picked up a hipoint 9mm carbine for $140.

Hey, what was up with the guy who had a whole table of beanie-baby stuff??WTF?? :eek:

Edited by dinzag

Yeah, I went yesterday morning. My buddy got a dustcover/scope mount for $18. We went to the next booth and another guy was selling the same one (IDENTICAL) for $50. He then pointed to a nifty full-auto AK FCG for $25. Had a sign on it and everything! Guess it's not illegal to sell 'em??? Got weird vibe from the guy so we blew him off...Picked up some Bulgarian black waffle mags for $15 each.

Nope no Saiga stuff at all - Sh!t loads of AR stuff though - too rich for my blood...

The bersa's are nifty little pocket guns. I almost picked up a hipoint 9mm carbine for $140.

Hey, what was up with the guy who had a whole table of beanie-baby stuff??WTF?? :eek:

Lot of freaks and poor excuses of human life running booths there. Almost the exact show as last year.

A lot of the guns were marked up heavily. Kind of dissapointing. I heckled every booth selling Bersa's and nobody would budge.

I did see a couple of Draganov's that were quite tempting....

Same at the last show in Grand Rapids. One Saiga in .410 in the whole house for $189.

Everything else was same gys, same stuff, high prices. You can do better off the net ordering from CDNN and others using an FFL for arms and directly from Sportsman Guide, Kvar, etc for parts.

I don't know how those guys stay in business by the time they pay for their FFL, credit card connections and cost of travel. Better them than me.

I think there are alot more lookers than buyers at most gun shows but who knows I don't travel the circuit. :rolleyes:

The remember a few years back there was a vendor selling yugo sks's for $79 each. He had a line of about 20 people and said he had moved over 60 guns that first day. The cheapest I seen at this show was $140 and it looked pretty bad.

Midwest (I think) was there - they had a used Saiga back at their shop for $395. It was factory config, but had a scope!! Everything else was Chinese or Romanian. I'd say most of it was upcharged about 20% min compared to deals elsewhere.

Reading this, I now understand why I don't find many of these things out here in Oklahoma, Dunhams must have been one of the biggest sellers of these things, I have seen olny ont shotgun on the shelves (had to go to ft worth, and look at Military Gun Sales showroom) and only a few rifles. Guess you folks in the NE(where there is a Dunhams) get all of the Saiga's.