sorry - been crazy busy at work all week - physical inventory on friday. if all goes well and we are finished w/ inventory on friday i hope to tackle this on saturday - as it goes now i haven't even had time to pull this out of the safe since i posted.

final comment from me on this for anyone else w/ the same problem. using the wire brush attachment on the dremel i was able to get most of this off, but NOT the material down in the threads itself. i did however find a tool that worked, had to dig it out from my days of building plastic models - not sure why i didn't think of it sooner. a set of dental picks is working quite well to dig this stuff out of the threads a little bit at a time. hopefully no one else will have this problem, but for anyone who does....hope this helps!

ok so i removed the barrel shroud the other day to expose the threaded barrel, and of course the threads are all gummed up w/ epoxy. what did you use to clean the epoxy from the threads without damaging them?

thank you!

it is epoxy!i used a utility razor knife on the threads to pick out the epoxy from the threads,then used a wire wheel on a drill to do the final cleanup!hope this helps!